Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 26, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #16,337 of 18,759
I love the stock cable way too much to replace it.
I have been buying iem cables and headphone cables for years. Some costing 1 to 2k. I put different cables in various th900s and found out the th900s stock cable is great. Lawton Audios cable is also a good choice.

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #16,339 of 18,759
So where can i get the stock cable? The ones on the fostex site are for the mkII version only.

I bought these headphones used and it came with a moon audio cable that is too long. Its literally can be used as a jumprope
That cable made for home use so you can sit away from your system. One can just cut it shorter. I prefer the sound from the stock cable but the stock cable is also very long.

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #16,340 of 18,759
That cable made for home use so you can sit away from your system. One can just cut it shorter. I prefer the sound from the stock cable but the stock cable is also very long.

I saw those lawton cables. Those are ridiculously overpriced. Lawton is getting away with daylight robbery. This is the equivalent to buying monster hdmi cables but 100x worse

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #16,341 of 18,759
I saw those lawton cables. Those are ridiculously overpriced. Lawton is getting away with daylight robbery. This is the equivalent to buying monster hdmi cables but 100x worse
There are cables costing 2,000 usd. Those Lawtons are great but ofcourse not cheap

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #16,342 of 18,759
So where can i get the stock cable? The ones on the fostex site are for the mkII version only.

I bought these headphones used and it came with a moon audio cable that is too long. Its literally can be used as a jumprope

I bought my headphones with a pair of Moon Audio Black Dragon cable too but it was 5 ft which I have no complaints about. Have you tried emailing Moon Audio? It's possible they'll cut your cable shorter and charge you a fee to redo it. I remember I inquired about redoing the small logo on my cable and the'll do it for a small fee.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #16,344 of 18,759
I bought my headphones with a pair of Moon Audio Black Dragon cable too but it was 5 ft which I have no complaints about. Have you tried emailing Moon Audio? It's possible they'll cut your cable shorter and charge you a fee to redo it. I remember I inquired about redoing the small logo on my cable and the'll do it for a small fee.

Yea I did. he wants $120 just to terminate a cable. Just nonsense. So I looked at a few youtube vids and got out the soldering iron and did it myself for free. That lawton guy may be an excellent person and all around nice guy in real life but his pricing structure is just insane.

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #16,345 of 18,759
Is there a way to tighten up the headband? The cans themselves fall down about two clicks on each side from where I find them most comfortable.

Thanks

Nov 30, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #16,347 of 18,759
I've never had that happen on both my TH900 and TH-X00. I'm guessing the screws are a tight fit?
I'm not sure.. I have tried to tighten anything yet. I don't really want to mark up the screws.

Nov 30, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #16,349 of 18,759
Can fully understand and I'm surely not implying you should!
If it's in warrantee I would contact your supplier, I haven't seen or heard this before.
I purchased the headphones second hand... other the this issue, they are in immaculate condition. So unfortunately no warranty would be applicable.

Hopefully someone else might chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back