Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6,286 of 18,754
Mine are 00747.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #6,287 of 18,754
  Playitloud I have to respectfully disagree with you on your 02 pad evaluation but then again I did it on the th-600 not the 900. Sound-wise for me there was little to no difference. Maybe treble was a little more hot and maybe a little less air but the earholes on the 02's are still pretty big. I think the earholes are even bigger than the lcd's.

My reason for changing the pads was more for comfort and fit than sound. The super light clamp and huge earholes on the 600 made it to the point where it was hard for me to get a good seal on the headphones clampiest setting zero notches. The 600's kept felling like they were going to fall off my head especially with the 600's fairly heavy cable and I was always adjusting them. With the alpha and angle I got a tighter clamp and 2 notches but the treble got noticeably hot and with the alpha's small ear hole the air noticeably less. With the 02 pads I got 1 notch and sound wise very little difference than stock. To each his/her own though.

I really wish J$ would come back. His denon pads were a little less angled and thick than the angle pads. Softer padding as well and half the price of 02's. Maybe we can give him some peer pressure.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I agree here. I think a lot of the effect of different pads is actually the result of individual ear shape and positioning on the head. The actual message of my former post is that, in my case, changing earpads really affect the sound of the headphone . That is why it is worthwhile to experiment with different pads...

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #6,289 of 18,754
My goodness I'm absolutely loving these headphones!!! Everything is palpable!! Music really has soul and comes to life!! I have never heard drums like this before. So detailed and full of texture! Im just in awe!!! But with all this amazingly impactful low end, the mids and highs still shine through brilliantly. Wow, just WOW! 

For those who have bought new, how has you guys experience been with break in SQ changes?

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #6,290 of 18,754
glad you're digging them. yeah they're really dynamic cans. haven't noticed any changes to the sound tho.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #6,291 of 18,754
My goodness I'm absolutely loving these headphones!!! Everything is palpable!! Music really has soul and comes to life!! I have never heard drums like this before. So detailed and full of texture! Im just in awe!!! But with all this amazingly impactful low end, the mids and highs still shine through brilliantly. Wow, just WOW! 

For those who have bought new, how has you guys experience been with break in SQ changes?

It's a brilliant headphone and oh so much fun. Comfort is an added bonus. In my experience, there is no significant change to SQ which is a good thing.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #6,292 of 18,754
Anyone have any comparisons running the Burson Soloist versus the Soloist SL on the TH900s? I'm using the Lyr currently and feel like it's a little too hot for these cans. I've heard great things about the Soloist w/ these cans but with their low impedance it seems on paper like the SL may be just fine and at a discount of the price? 

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #6,293 of 18,754
glad you're digging them. yeah they're really dynamic cans. haven't noticed any changes to the sound tho.

It's a brilliant headphone and oh so much fun. Comfort is an added bonus. In my experience, there is no significant change to SQ which is a good thing.
Well I have had them for a few days now and running them every chance I get. I can swear it sounds like the soundstage has gotten larger after some break-in time. Maybe it's just in my head.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #6,295 of 18,754
Just a quick post but I just had to let you know that I am simply loving my TH900s! I returned the Signature Pros for these and I could not be happier. Sound fab with AK120 and Meier Quickstep. Now my sights are set on the Chord Hugo. Man, I love this. Never enjoyed music so much in my life. I have lost a lot of interest in my home setup. Portable hifi has come a heck of a long way in the last few years. I listen at every possible opportunity (and I know all you guys do too!).
Thanks for all your posts. It's great to know there are other real music lovers out there (and that's what it's all about, after all).
Happy listening...

Have you already tested the  HUGO + TH900 combination, or is it something you will soon ? 

I have a TH900 myself and wonder if it will offer a good synergy  with a HUGO.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #6,296 of 18,754
Have you already tested the  HUGO + TH900 combination, or is it something you will soon ? 

I have a TH900 myself and wonder if it will offer a good synergy  with a HUGO.

Well, it turns out I was very wrong when I said I could not be happier. I have the Hugo now and it is simply wonderful. I think I've already gushed a fair bit on the other thread about it so won't repeat. My advice: buy it. I am certain you will be thrilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back