1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by muppetface, Feb 13, 2012.
First

Back
1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117
1119 1120 1121 1122
Next

Last
  1. alucard177
    Are we allowed to just post pics of this beautiful pair or headphones in here? Cause my impression is that it's gorgeous and the best headphone in terms of sound quality and craftsmanship I've ever owned. Yeah I know, all I said is purely subjective based on my own preferences and might be the worst technical analysis you've ever read lol. I don't think I'll ever write an in-depth review or impressions. I'll just say: put a pair of Dekoni elite sheepskin pads and enjoy the sound forever :)

For now I'll just stick to trying to capture the beauty of those urushi lacquered cups, even when I fail so miserable cause no picture does justice to the real thing.

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0424-2.jpg

Is this... love?

dmdm, -Darkstar-, HungryPanda and 4 others like this.
  2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Still some of the best looking ear cups around.

alucard177, Zojokkeli and jmills8 like this.
  3. jmills8
    I have been using my six pairs on the go for the last four years. Now I have one per day. On the seventh if I do go out then I use the Denon 9200 or a iem.

4. abhinit90
    Are the Blue and green versions available anywhere? And where there any discounts on BF/ CM?

5. Christoph
    The blue and green versions are limited editions and are no longer produced.
    There are a very few dealers which have a small stock (depending in which country you are searching, Google is your friend), but don't expect to catch a bargain.
    I have not seen any BF/CM deals on them and with the limited stock (if any!) this wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. N0sferatu
    Hey just saw this post and looked at the Abyss Diana V2 and Phi and even the Meze Empyrean. How do those compare to the Fostex TH900 and specifically in the bass department? I mostly jam EDM music, movie scores, and modern rock/metal so I'm not the guy who jams the usual headphone music if you get me.

7. jmills8
    TH900 has more bass slam and can actually use it outdoors. Much more comfortable. The TH900 much easier to run. The Abyss is really nice but so is the TH900. Forget the Diana.

8. N0sferatu
    So most of these other ones are side grades not upgrades?

9. jmills8
    With the right amp , dac the Abyss can do/give a little better than the TH900. get a 2 or 3 watt amp , get a very good dac and you can get 5 or 10 % more from the Abyss , but in time you most likely will use the TH900 more.

10. N0sferatu
    Sounds cost prohibitive at that point.

I have an Audio-GD FUN (old old DAC/AMP) but it gets the job done for my two main headphones (TH900 / HD600)
    http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/FUN/FUNEN.htm

jmills8 likes this.
  11. chimney189
    If anyone is interested in letting their TH-900 go please send me a PM. :)

jmills8 likes this.
  12. jmills8
    Ive seen one or two in the sales.

13. chimney189
    I've owned both and currently own the Abyss Diana V2.
    It's safe to say that the TH-900 has more slam and impact, that much is clear. Also, the TH-900 has a wider soundstage. Other than these aspects I believe that the Abyss Diana V2 is better technically, has a more present mid-range, extracts more detail and has an absurdly good, non-fatiguing high-end.

jmills8 likes this.
  14. jmills8
    Can you list a few tracks you listened to ?

15. chimney189
    My go to for any headphone is the Halo: Combat Evolved OST through Tidal.

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117
1119 1120 1121 1122
Next

Last