1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by muppetface, Feb 13, 2012.
  1. omniweltall
    Holy crap. I think you are probably an even bigger fan of TH900 than me. Bravo mate.

jmills8 likes this.
  2. fotomeow
    7 Pair, Wow, you've got to be the only (and happiest) 7 headed Head-Fi'er!! :alien:
    Congrats

jmills8 likes this.
  3. jmills8
    Well, one per each day of the week.

4. fotomeow
    "Well, one per each day of the week."

Ah! Touche!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. jmills8
    Thxs

6. Hubert481
    And which one is the winner?

7. jmills8
    Mmm stock TH900 is my all around fav. TH900 with expensive ($1300 usd) does great with good quality recordings. 9200 Denon is nice for less constant sub woofer pounding, slightly more mid bass and mids. Treble not as extended but its present.

Rayzilla likes this.
  8. Hubert481
    I have th900 and i am using it with/without Sonarworks
    Funny, i prefer it without Sonarworks
    But K812 is better for me with Sonarworks.

9. chimney189
    Can anyone recommend me a replacement cable?
    I'm looking for something under $500, but more along the lines of under $300 ideally.
    I'm using the Fostex TR-X00 by the way, but I think the jacks are similar to the TH-900.

Thanks!

10. cathee
    Depends on where you are in the world? How long are you willing to wait? How much snake oil do you usually like to ingest?

Jokes aside, I've noticed a difference in cable material (Cu vs CuAg blend vs pure Ag) but beyond that I've not noticed that a $65 cable from Amazon sound much different than the various custom cables you can order. I have some PlusSound stuff from their Black Friday sale - mostly because I wanted specific cables that tightened up my portable solution.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    omniweltall likes this.
  11. Mkoll
    What is the difference you hear in those materials?

[Not trying to derail the thread into cables, just curious about what you've noticed.]

12. cathee
    For my ears I like Copper-Silver blends. Pure silver cables were a bit shrill on the top end, pure copper cables were a little "dull". I know it's not much of a reference but if you actually hear them I think it'll immediately make sense.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Mkoll likes this.
  13. Zojokkeli
    Just swapped my earpads after four or so years of owning my TH900s. Wow. I knew the old ones were in pretty nasty condition, but comparing them to new ones really shows the difference. They feel like new headphones again.

omniweltall and jmills8 like this.
  14. omniweltall
    The only thing I dont like abt the TH900 is the earpads. It is very comfortable, but deteriorates way too fast.

15. jmills8
    Well if one wants soft its soft or one can get one slightly less soft and last slightly longer.