Fostex th600 vs ultrasone signature pro
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SO74

Head-Fier
Which headphone is better for someone who listens to literally every genre you can think of. I want a headphone that is very detailed and a headphone that does not change it's sound significantly based on the amp. I'm not a basshead at all and I don't need base heavy headphones but I need headphones that have just the right amount bass so that's one reason why I'm not crazy about the hd800s. Both cans are in my price range. Comfort is not an issue. And these cans will mostly be used at home. And I know if I am at home open headphones are better but I also would like a closed headphone that is affordable and these are the 2 that are the only that seem worth it. Thanks

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi,

I auditioned the signature pro, t5p and th600 (and some others) last Saturday. I left the shop with the TH600 and a Lehmann audio linear amp.

TH600: brilliant and open, the only closed cans I heard that resembled my (open) AKG K500 in soundstage. A lot of bass, at first I thought this is a deal breaker. The more I listened to it, the more I liked it, especially with the amp.
T5p: disappointingly flat, narrow soundstage. The cable is a lough, less than 1m I guess.
SignaturePro: less comfortable, not as open sounding than the TH600

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back