Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Oct 23, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #3,425 of 3,438
20201022_152307.jpg20201022_220843.jpg20201023_001755.jpg

Lawton type 4 African Wenge

I was expecting the cups to be more coffee then chocolate but the sound is flawless. Corrected all of the problems I've had with the TH600 and took nothing away (actually added a few good things).

Really glad no one wanted to buy them when I was selling them before.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #3,428 of 3,438
Can I get some recommendations on companies that can mod my TH600? I want a lightweight detachable cable. My pads are also worn out and need replacing. Actually, I’d love a better headband while I’m at it. Thank you!

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #3,429 of 3,438
Hey, guys!
I've got TH-600 a few weeks ago only. I use them with IFI micro iDSD BL. And for me, they have a very strange sound. I can clearly hear sub-bass which hurts my ears in a bad way. Mid-bass has disappointed me. I tried to use EQs with no luck. I can't decrease this sub-bass.
I'm a basshead. I have BGVP DMS, which has way worse overall quality, but not this annoying sub-bass.
Looks like TH-600's not for me.
Does X00 or TH-900 provide the same loud sub-bass? Or maybe they have another signature?

BTW, if anyone interested in buying, PM me. Headphones are in LN- condition.

Feb 1, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,430 of 3,438
Hey, guys!
I've got TH-600 a few weeks ago only. I use them with IFI micro iDSD BL. And for me, they have a very strange sound. I can clearly hear sub-bass which hurts my ears in a bad way. Mid-bass has disappointed me. I tried to use EQs with no luck. I can't decrease this sub-bass.
I'm a basshead. I have BGVP DMS, which has way worse overall quality, but not this annoying sub-bass.
Looks like TH-600's not for me.
Does X00 or TH-900 provide the same loud sub-bass? Or maybe they have another signature?

BTW, if anyone interested in buying, PM me. Headphones are in LN- condition.

Have you tried them with any other source? The TH600 is a bass monster, and I get what you mean about the ear fatigue. They can hit pretty hard, especially with a good seal.

You might want to try some velour or hybrid earpads before getting rid of them. The th600 are very enjoyable paired with a warm source.

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #3,432 of 3,438
Hi, sorry for resurrect this old thread, but did anyone knows where to find a replacement for TH600 acoustic foam? mine is starting to deteriorate and I don't want the crumbles to get inside my drivers

Jan 9, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #3,433 of 3,438
What is the general recommendation on dampening mod for those?
Is Lawton mod worth it, read some people recommending just dampening drivers and skipping cups as it kills bass response too much.
Also would this material work as a substitute to what Mark provides with his DIY kit, figured getting the whole kit when skipping cups dampening is not worth it.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #3,434 of 3,438
Hi, sorry for resurrect this old thread, but did anyone knows where to find a replacement for TH600 acoustic foam? mine is starting to deteriorate and I don't want the crumbles to get inside my drivers
I would to know as well, i hsve searched full compass and found nothing yet, interesting to buy 1 pair, just for a backup parts

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #3,435 of 3,438
What is the general recommendation on dampening mod for those?
Is Lawton mod worth it, read some people recommending just dampening drivers and skipping cups as it kills bass response too much.
Also would this material work as a substitute to what Mark provides with his DIY kit, figured getting the whole kit when skipping cups dampening is not worth it.
Updating my own post, ordered Lawton DIY dampening mod, skipped cups dampening as based on what I've gathered cups dampening kills bass too much. You can ask Mark for just driver portion, will be cheaper.
Mod is super easy to install.
The sound:
- bass is less bloated but still very, very powerful
- better, less smeared by lows micro-details
- treble shrill is gone, they sound much more relaxing and easier to listen for prolonged period of time
- dip in mids is still there but feels less pronounced, could be just because lesser contrast with now tamed treble.
This is with Dekoni TH900 Sheepskin pads.

They still sound like TH600, but better version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back