Fostex T60RP

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Sopp, Aug 12, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 49
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Amouage
    That's a fair point, hoping Fostex would've thought about that. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

2. Mark Up
    I meant the 20, 40, or T50rp. When they said the newer line had "more bass", I heard it at AES NY 2015 I was like, you call that bass?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. wes008
    Good to hear!

4. twiceboss
    yepp, that's the only i can recall during the canjam! it is hard to differentiate when you are in the middle of TONS HEADPHONES! and also with different pairing which to me quite impossible for a real world comparison

5. gr8soundz
    Found a bit of new info from Japan's Autumn Headphone Festival 2017 here:
    https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1089792.html

via Google Translate: Says the T60rp is semi-open, more efficient? (not sure about that translation), tuned for reference listening (as opposed to studio monitor use like the mk3), and will have 3 optional balanced cables available including the new 4.4mm.

hp02_o.jpg
    hp03_o.jpg

twiceboss likes this.
  6. wes008
    Thanks for digging up that info! Seems like this is going to be a bit higher-end than the previous TX0RP models. The 4.4mm cable is a nice option, it would be nice for that to become a standard!

7. Audioholic123
    In the sentence above the picture of the drivers (on the box), they've spelled the word "Phase" wrongly..lol.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. Sopp
    Official website
    https://www.fostex.jp/products/t60rp/

Type: Semi-open RP dynamic (or Orthodynamic)
    Frequency Response: 15〜35,000Hz
    Impedance: 50Ω
    Sensitivity: 92dB/mW
    Maximum Input Power: 3,000mW
    Weight: 315g

Available by the end of December 2017
    Price: 32,000 JPY plus local tax

9. Feilong4
    Is the driver here different than from the TX0RP MK3 models?

10. borrego
    The Japanese product web page says something like the magnet holding steel plates have 50% less carbon content which results to improved magnetic field strength. In theory it should improve driver dynamic and efficiency. Though the efficiency specification remains the same 92dB/mW.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  11. Beagle
    Means it sounds the same as the old one but is better for the environment :laughing:

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  12. Asahi Templar
    THis is out now in Japan and has its first Amazon Japan review. Reviewer says its well balanced with nice bass that they think is better than their B&W N-801 speakers. SAy it has a wide soundstage. They are also driving it out of a laptop and not using an AMP so chances are good its not sounding as good as it could.

Tempted to buy it myself but cant swing it ATM.

kukkurovaca likes this.
  13. axtran
    $292 and some change shipped to the USA--I bit. Will update the thread with my impressions once I get it in! I'm a Fostex fanatic, so I think it's pennies to help satiate the addiction :)

jumpa, headpfizer and Asahi Templar like this.
  14. Pharmaboy
    I'm one of those who will be eagerly awaiting your sound impressions of this new HP. My interest comes from:
    • outstandingly good experience w/my only planar--ZMF's Ori (re-engineering/re-imagining of T50RP MKIII; termed "15% open/85% closed)
    • outstanding good experience w/my only 100% open-back headphone--Fidelio X2
    • urge to check out a planar HP that's more open than closed, if not fully open. They exist, but tend to be expensive
      • Focal Clear (crazy money)
      • MrSpeakers Aeon Flow (1/2 as crazy as Clear, but not exactly cheap)
      • Oppo PM-1/PM-2 (both expensive, PM-1 more so)

15. Drewminus
    I’m in Japan later in January, might pick some of these up, though they might be out here by then.

First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 49
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last