Fostex T50RP Sub bass?
May 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
The Fostex T50RP looks like fun with all the modding possibilities... However if it cannot be modded to have good sub bass then I am not interested....

If these are modded using some of the simple mods such as 840 pads and bass ports etc. do these have good sub bass? Most reviews of the stock headphones say they have rolled off bass but looking at the FR graphs of modded headphones it looks like the bass improves a lot... But you cannot always tell from a FR graph...

How would modded T50RP compare to something like D2000 in sub bass? (Do they have sub bass below 40hz when modded? Like a nice rumbly sub woofer sound? The good mids and treble look interesting but if they are going to sound thin with no sub bass even when modded then that is no use!

Would really like to get some of these and mod them but if they sound really boring and cannot be modded to have decent bass then I will give it a miss...

May 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't know how well the sub-bass is going to serve you considering in most measurements the bass is level at best. The bass is good enough for me, but I don't listen to much music that utilizes true sub-bass. All that said, they are highly tunable and you may have success getting them to reproduce good sub-bass. They also respond well to EQ in my experience.

May 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Most reviews of other Orthodynamic headphone have good sub bass but I think the T50RP driver is a lot smaller than hifiman or Audeze offerings?

If I just buy them and try it out and then find that they still have poor bass then I cannot really return them as I will have modded them!

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 4
And? what happened in the end? you found that sub-bass? I´m interested on this for the exact same reasons... Looking for a good complement to my hd6xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back