Fostex T50RP Question about input: Do they only come with 1/4"?
Sep 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

xecure

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, just bought a pair of fostex T50RP. I wanted a pair of headphones to keep for a long time and mod. After reading a few reviews here I was under the impression that they come with an 1/8" jack and have a 1/4" as an adapter. Mine came with an 1/4" input. Any idea if there are two different versions that are made?

Also can the wires that come with the headphones be taken out? Are there any good wire with a 3.5mm (1/8") termination?

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 12
Pretty sure stock is 1/4" on all 50RPs. You can buy a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter if you need one. 

Cable is detachable. Unfortunately am not aware of inexpensive alternatives. >: You might want to ask one of the modders or post in the DIY section.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 12
This 1/8" cable works well with the T50RPs
http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

+1

I use it on my T50s, and it works great.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 12
Have a stock t50rp now, bought it new and it came with the stock fostex 1/4 cable. I bought the v moda audio only cable to go with it too. The sound is really weird and I don't use it. I only bought it to try out the stock t50rp sound and then ill have it modded when I have cash. What mod are you thinking for your t50rp? I'm thinking mad dog...

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Have a stock t50rp now, bought it new and it came with the stock fostex 1/4 cable. I bought the v moda audio only cable to go with it too. The sound is really weird and I don't use it. I only bought it to try out the stock t50rp sound and then ill have it modded when I have cash. What mod are you thinking for your t50rp? I'm thinking mad dog...

No idea yet, I just started this journey!
Quote:

Do they lock in like the stock cables do?

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Well there are the mrspeakers mad dog, lffs paradox, smeggy thunderpants and there are a lot more. The vmoda cable does not lock in

I'm gonna listen to them for a while, burn 'em in. I think i'm gonna go with the thunderpants just because I hear so many good things about it.

I don't think I'm gonna purchase the v-moda cable. I think I'm just gonna cut the tip off this one and put in a 1/8" plug.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 12
The guy who makes Thunderpants has screwed over a bunch of customers. He is taking money, not delivering product, and not responding to his customers. This has been going on for a year which is why he hasn't logged into head-fi for 6 months.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 12
The guy who makes Thunderpants has screwed over a bunch of customers. He is taking money, not delivering product, and not responding to his customers. This has been going on for a year which is why he hasn't logged into head-fi for 6 months.

Wth? That's not nice... how can he do that to fellow headfiers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back