Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Sep 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #107 of 2,829
T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - updates to Post #1:

1. DBV #3 Cotton + Fiberglass mod steps are described after Graph #55.

2. DBV #3 Rock Wool mods steps (Rock Wool + Coton; Rock Wool - No Cotton versions).

3. Sources and links for many modding materials are listed at the botton of Post #1.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #108 of 2,829
Quote:
Updates to Post #1:

1. DBV #2 tutorial.
2. DBV #3 tutorial.
3. DBV #3 Rock Wool Configuration.
4. Sources and links for modding materials.

The best thread ...  for me!!!!!

Thank you VEEEEEEERY much from Italy!!!!!

Edit: correction.

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #110 of 2,829
Quote:

Michelin or Dunlop?

Ah ah ah a !!!

Sorry for my very bad american !!!!

deadhorse.gif

I liked Dunlop slick on my KTM 525 Supermotard and Michelin slick in my Mitsubishi EVO Proto ..   :wink:

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #112 of 2,829
Unfortunately I cannot load the images for the plots and graphs at work.  99.9% of my HeadFi browsing is from work too...

Which mod setup would be the best performing for metal music?  I'll try and read the thread from home but it might be some weeks before I get the time.

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #113 of 2,829
Quote:
Unfortunately I cannot load the images for the plots and graphs at work.  99.9% of my HeadFi browsing is from work too...

Which mod setup would be the best performing for metal music?  I'll try and read the thread from home but it might be some weeks before I get the time.

I'm listening to Metallica "Enter Sandman" with DBV #3 and it sounds awesome to me. Seal up every nook and cranny with silicone or hot glue and put a bead of silicone around the baffle-to-cup rims, add 840 pads, connect it all up to to a good source, lossless music files, good DAC and amp and Rock ON!  Of course, YMMV.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #114 of 2,829
Quote:

I'm listening to Metallica "Enter Sandman" with DBV #3 and it sounds awesome to me. Seal up every nook and cranny with silicone or hot glue and put a bead of silicone around the baffle-to-cup rims, add 840 pads, connect it all up to to a good source, lossless music files, good DAC and amp and Rock ON!  Of course, YMMV.

Thanks for the feedback.  Do they sound "fast" with that setup?  I'd imagine they would with everything sealed up, my usual metal is a bit more involved than Metallica.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #116 of 2,829
Hey, Enter Sandman is one of my favourite test tracks too
biggrin.gif
Good kicks, cymbals, vocal line, etc.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #118 of 2,829
It's a great song in it's own right, but doesn't give much of an idea how something more complex like Meshuggah might sound on a pair of cans.  Some headphones start to get a bit "muddy" with the type of music I listen to.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #119 of 2,829
Quote:
It's a great song in it's own right, but doesn't give much of an idea how something more complex like Meshuggah might sound on a pair of cans.  Some headphones start to get a bit "muddy" with the type of music I listen to.

I'm an old dog but not too old to learn some new tricks. I've never heard Meshuggah. Can you recommend 2 or 3 good ones to try? And maybe a couple more favorite bands/tunes would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back