Separate names with a comma.
Making a pair for my son, he picked the blue, I think maybe doing the pearl clear coat was too much.
Any updates? I am dying to print these and give them a go.
Yeah, we have a package done. We'd gone hung up on a legal issue around protecting a patent but we are reworking the part to avoid requiring this, that way we can put this out with minimal licensing concern. Because we've been slammed with ETHER Flow orders it's just been on the back burner (a bit too long)...
We'll get there!
I'm actually very excited. I've been getting a bit tired of my mighty RPs. Don't quiet have the money for a good set of cans atm. But have access to a 3D printer
I know I'm behind the curve here... I just received my mkii. I want to tighten the over all sound and have some wow factor. Feel free to correct anything that I get wrong or misunderstanding the purpose of. These are my current thoughts.
1. Newplast/plasticine in baffles to tighten bass.
2. Stiff felt applied to back of cup, I understand this helps with mids.
3. Poly bat/cotton balls fill cup to help with stray acoustics.
4. Soft felt over driver on ear side to help keep the highs mellow.
5. Shure 840 pads for comfort and sound stage.
Shure pads to bring up bass and some treble
Cotton + felt over driver to tame midbass and mids to relatively increase subbass and possibly increase treble for non-flat(but neutral) frequency response.
newplast + stiff felt for small changes and tuning, shouldn't color the sound noticably.
I wish I was told this before I started modding, would have saved a lot of test cycles and screw heads.
Sounds like I need to only make one change at a time till I have I have them sounding the way I like. I feel in the stock configuration they tend to sound muddy and no impact. Sound stage can be a surprise at times with good mixes. I definitely see why people like to mod these and I want to try my hand at them and see what I can get them to do.
I thought I would post my mods so far a observations. I realize this is somewhat redundant but I think is still helpful.
1. Plasticine- tighten over all sound removed muddyness, by itself left a harsh hollowness to these headphones in my opinion.
2. Polyfil batting- tamed the hollowness and took edge off, and allowed the more open sound stage to be visible.
At this point feel they are as neutral sounding as my m40s with more impactful instrumentation wider sound stage and warmer vocals. Keep wanting to crank up volume past safe listening levels but they are fatiguing to listen too.
3. Shure 840 pads- more comfortable than stock less fatiguing to listen too not noticing change in tonality.
Next steps perhaps adding felt and trying brainwaves angled or thick pads.
These are definitely worth the money and time to mod. I see why these have been so popular.
Felt should help tremendously with tightness
Has there been any measurements for the T50RP wave guides, or has that been scrapped?
I know there are wave guides for mkii at the beginning of this thread that myself have some issues following fully. I'm not sure about the mkiii if anyone has made any for yet.
Driver is the same, but the baffle is different in theory mine should fit just fine? Of course I'm not sure.
But I honestly just realized that I never uploaded them. Like a year later... 100% my fault
FYI, we've just posted the "Open Alpha Dog" project here.
Thank you, Dan The Man!
Alrighty, so here are the wave guides a year later \o/
But seriously, sorry guys.
I added 1.5mm to the whole base, made the supporting tree thicker, and narrowed them a bit as per BMF's findings.
I had to add the base for increase print yield. You will have to sand them down to take the base back off, just as BMF said.
Let make know if I need to change anything!
EDIT: Forgot to attach the double version together for a single object. Uploaded single version. At cost Shapeways link coming
EDIT2: Having issues with Shapeways with the double file. Seriosuly odd things are happening. Removing files from here for now until I can get some working on shapways
EDIT3: Shapeways is having issues. Double doesn't load to model correctly, single simply isn't going through the autochecks. Not failing them, just won't load. Here are the files in the mean time until I can get it figured out
EDITILOSTCOUNT: Looks like I just had to be patient for a solid 20mins. But here's the Shapeways for the single. Im really not sure what's going on with the double model though. At cost of course