Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Jul 24, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #2,191 of 2,829
  Hey guys I got myself a T40RP MK3 on sale at my local AV place. I have a gift card I plan to use for some replacement ear pads but not sure which to get. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if any of these would fit or not.

Beyerdynamic EDT 770 S
Beyerdynamic EDT 990 VB
Audio Technica HP-EP M-Series
Shure HPAEC440
Shure HPAEC840
Shure HPAEC240

I know there are plenty of other options, maybe better than these but those are my only options. Any comments on which you suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The 840 pads fit, I'd assume that the other shure ones do as well. No idea about the other ones. I'd highly suggest taking a look at ZMF pads which are made for the t50rp, they're worth the price IMO.

On another note, I was hoping someone could help me out with my modded t50rp's. I'm using ZMF lambskin pads, I've filled the baffle holes with newplast and added silverstone foam to the bottom of the cups. I'm really liking everything right now except the sibilance is just a little too much. It's not a painful amount but its definitely creating a slight discomfort in my ears. What can I do to fix this?

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #2,197 of 2,829
Hey people, we promised we'd put some upgrades for T50s out once the products were discontinued.  If there's still interest, should we share the 3D print files for the Alpha, along with an upgrade guide?  

We're ready to do so, we just need to put a license agreement that the downloaded files may not be reposted or shared, or used to create commercial products that are for sale.

We're also thinking of allowing people to send headphones with different tuning schemes developed by modders for measurement and a juried evaluation by our listeners, with a prize for the best implementation.  Thoughts?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #2,198 of 2,829
  Hey people, we promised we'd put some upgrades for T50s out once the products were discontinued.  If there's still interest, should we share the 3D print files for the Alpha, along with an upgrade guide?  

We're ready to do so, we just need to put a license agreement that the downloaded files may not be reposted or shared, or used to create commercial products that are for sale.

We're also thinking of allowing people to send headphones with different tuning schemes developed by modders for measurement and a juried evaluation by our listeners, with a prize for the best implementation.  Thoughts?

Hell yes. That would loads of fun (both the files for the Alpha and the contest) :)

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #2,199 of 2,829

Hell yes. That would loads of fun (both the files for the Alpha and the contest) :)

+1

How about a non-profit group buy? 
Not everyone has access to a 3D printer, but if let's say a certain number people fund a single individual with the means and will to do this, that would lower costs for a number of folks without access to 3D printing.
I know I'd throw in a few $$$ extra ... call it a 'donation'  
ph34r.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,200 of 2,829
+1

Not everyone has access to a 3D printer, but if let's say a certain number people fund a single individual with the means and will to do this, that would lower costs for a number of folks without access to 3D printing.
I know I'd throw in a few $$$ extra ... call it a 'donation'  :ph34r:

Excellent suggestion, I'd be interested in this as well.

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2,201 of 2,829
  +1

ph34r.gif

Agreed :).

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #2,202 of 2,829

Hi Dan,

Wonderful! 

Many Thanks,

~BMF

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #2,203 of 2,829

That is awesome news, will you disclose what you did to the drivers in the alpha primes aswell ?

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #2,204 of 2,829

Yeeeeeha! Super psyched
L3000.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #2,205 of 2,829

+1

ph34r.gif

Agreed :).

I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back