Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Feb 20, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #2,101 of 2,829
  If you can be more specific about what you want I can take a crack at it, are you looking for something that fits the original t50rp cup that makes it easier to change pads? Is there a particular set of pads you'd like compatibility with because I've made baffles in the past which will fit brainwavzs pads (especially angled)

I have a set of Alpha Pads I'd really like it to work with. I do have access to a 3D printer, but PM me your rates anyway. And yeah, pretty much just a lip that fits on top of the existing baffle of the T50RP that I can them properly fit my pads around.

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #2,102 of 2,829
  I have a set of Alpha Pads I'd really like it to work with. I do have access to a 3D printer, but PM me your rates anyway. And yeah, pretty much just a lip that fits on top of the existing baffle of the T50RP that I can them properly fit my pads around.

PM sent. Since there are a few people interested in this I'll be sure to post the .stl here when I'm finished with it.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #2,103 of 2,829
Initial impressions werent great. Changed to shure 1840 velour pads. Bass is muddy and highs are too bright and simblant. Mids are just plain MIA. Ill take measurements tonight and see whats going on. Not sure where to go from here. I may try working on ear side of things.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,104 of 2,829
Initial impressions werent great. Changed to shure 1840 velour pads. Bass is muddy and highs are too bright and simblant. Mids are just plain MIA. Ill take measurements tonight and see whats going on. Not sure where to go from here. I may try working on ear side of things.

Yep, very typical of t50rps with new pads. Try some damping of the rear airflow, this will reduce and tighten the bass, treble is a bit tougher, but sound proofing can help. Some people put a "filter" in front of the driver

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2,105 of 2,829
I had great sonic success with the ZMF cowhide pads - not to mention they are probably the most luxurious and comfortable pads for the T50, by far - but keep in mind that I have mk3's, which have improved baffling etc.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,108 of 2,829
the
How would you compare the changes between stock and zmf pads. Do the zmf pads require any other mods to sound right?

the ZMF pads make it a more closed can and seem to help the sub bass, they also (being 2" thick) get the driver farther from your ears, which is good for soundstage and make a headphone less fatiguing - I am not saying that mods will not be figured out that will help Mk3's with ZMF pads, but they do not need mods urgently like earlier T50's did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back