Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Jun 20, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #79 of 242
I joined as well!

Can anyone weigh in on how well a fiio a5 would drive these?
Not sure about these but I had a pair of Alpha Dogs and a E-12 and it would get very loud a lot more than I needed and the A-5 is the same power but with the noise floor as the E-12a meant for iem's. So my guess is yes. I just might have to join this drop.

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #80 of 242
I've thought many times about backing out of this drop, but I just can't. For some indefinable reason these seem too cool not to own.

Evil marketing claims another victim.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #82 of 242
Not sure about these but I had a pair of Alpha Dogs and a E-12 and it would get very loud a lot more than I needed and the A-5 is the same power but with the noise floor as the E-12a meant for iem's. So my guess is yes. I just might have to join this drop.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's encouraging and hopefully I can wait a little longer before investing in a more expensive amp.

Did you join the drop in time?

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #83 of 242
Thanks for sharing your experience, it's encouraging and hopefully I can wait a little longer before investing in a more expensive amp.

Did you join the drop in time?
After I posted that I thought to myself just do it so I did. I believe there were 11 left when I did.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #84 of 242
I kept hemming and hawing over it until the 1,900 units were extinguished. :dt880smile:

In truth, though, I just have spent too much in the last few months on headphones -- just recently picked up the HD 650 (which I really, really like!), I already have the T50RP MK3 (which I also really like!) and had to pick up the Blue Lola's two days ago because they were on clearance at Best Buy.... so I figured, if I ended up really, really, wanted the T-X0, I'd pick up a used pair (they will inevitably show up on Head-Fi for sale) even at a slightly higher price in November or December.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #85 of 242
In truth, though, I just have spent too much in the last few months on headphones -- just recently picked up the HD 650 (which I really, really like!), I already have the T50RP MK3 (which I also really like!) and had to pick up the Blue Lola's two days ago because they were on clearance at Best Buy.... so I figured, if I ended up really, really, wanted the T-X0, I'd pick up a used pair (they will inevitably show up on Head-Fi for sale) even at a slightly higher price in November or December.
I was trying to tell myself the same thing because I recently purchased an ATH-R70x and a B&O H6, but I went ahead and ordered one anyway. Oh well, I will just have to find a place for it now...

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #86 of 242
I was trying to tell myself the same thing because I recently purchased an ATH-R70x and a B&O H6, but I went ahead and ordered one anyway. Oh well, I will just have to find a place for it now...
Same here this will be my third headphone in as many weeks even though this are still a ways out. I got a pair of Vintage AKG K240 Sextetts and if you have the power to run them are just great for Rock.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #89 of 242
Joined after 1893 units were sold. My favorite headphones I've ever owned were my rastapants modded t50rp back in the day. I haven't been too into the headphone thing since then, but after waffling till the last minute I realized I couldn't pass these up. Cue the Tom Petty...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back