Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #16 of 242
I would definitely be jumping on this if I hadn't bought so many headphones lately. Even at $150 I can't really justify another pair.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 242
As interesting as this is, over 4200 people have requested it at this point, a little over 12 hours after the email was sent out. There are only going to be 1900 units. If the HD-6XX was any indication, it will, more or less, sell out instantly and break Massdrop's website. And that Sennheiser wasn't even advertised as "last run ever." Many will try to buy these but few will get it. A lot of people are going to be frustrated on Monday.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 242
Different driver, different tooling, different chassis, different headphone.
Apparently a lot of mods that are popular on the MKII can't be applied to the MKIII.
From what I have heard the driver is exactly the same, with different internals of the headphone. Unless these have been properly tuned as they imply, a second hand mkiii would be the better value.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #21 of 242
I don't really see the point of making such a nice looking headphone for just a few people to own. The MKII drivers aren't being manufactured anymore so...no idea why massdrop is doing this. Give us a MKIII version.

Jun 9, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 242
Because the MkII is a classic and this will be the only chance to own a new and improved Massdrop version of them.

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #23 of 242
A bit disappointed with the price though... Can't really say it's an awesome deal for a T50RP. Isn't Massdrop all about crazy deals?

It's not really fair to compare the price to a stock T50RP though, since they've made mods to tune the sound. Compared to T50RP mods that have been sold in the past, the price is actually pretty good

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #24 of 242
It's not really fair to compare the price to a stock T50RP though, since they've made mods to tune the sound. Compared to T50RP mods that have been sold in the past, the price is actually pretty good

You're right, I didn't see it that way. I didn't really consider the T-X0 to be a T50RP mod, just a revamped T50RP. Though in all fairness, I guess it could be compared to the original Mad Dog, which went for twice the price.

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #29 of 242
I'm surprised they didn't get these out early to reviewers like they usually do. Maybe they really didn't do much of anything to them and they just want to sell some near-stock Mk IIs for $150. >_>

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #30 of 242
Well, I'm in! I'm curious to see what mods Massdrop has ordered for these headphones to be fitted with. At the very least, they should be a decent pair of cans to kick around with! Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back