Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #1,441 of 2,017
Flat = T40RP
Fun = T50RP
Bassy = T20RP

Be aware that you can turn a T20RP into a T50RP by adding some cup vent damping and vice-versa, but you cannot turn a T40RP into anything else unless you remove the piece of plastic that is heat-fused to the cup vents, which can turn out ugly if you're not careful / experienced.

T50RP leaks very little unless you listen to music very loudly, T40RP less so, T20RP more so.

@Romko Levytskyi 

I don't own the T50RP and T40RPM, so I'd trust @c61746961 first, but I just want to second his characterizations on the T50RP and T20RP, both of which I do own, both with respect to sound signature and leakage characteristics.

I actually use the T50RP MK3 at work precisely because they leak significantly less than my Senn HD 600 or Grado cans, and I have an office mate that I don't wish to disturb; I only use the more open, leakier 'phones when he's out.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,442 of 2,017
  I own the T40, and I am not hiding 
biggrin.gif

Can't tell the difference with T50, because I do not own them.
And even if I did, why would you base the purchase of one or another based on another one opinion?

I'd trust people with similar music taste. That's why i mentioned all criterias, and not just 'What should i choose? ' :)

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #1,443 of 2,017
Hi @antdroid !
Yeah, I'm the same person. :)

That time i tried to choose between Sines and T50's.
I think the latter will suite me better, but after reading the differences between T40/T50 I was confused a bit.
People say contradictory things about them.

From what I read here I'd now choose T50's and a Brainwavz Sheepskin because of 'fun' sound, a small leakage and also bigger modding capabilities.

Want to thank you all for your help @c61746961, @ProfFalkin, @antdroid as you made it all more clear to me.

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #1,444 of 2,017
  Hi @antdroid !
Yeah, I'm the same person. :)

That time i tried to choose between Sines and T50's.
I think the latter will suite me better, but after reading the differences between T40/T50 I was confused a bit.
People say contradictory things about them.

From what I read here I'd now choose T50's and a Brainwavz Sheepskin because of 'fun' sound, a small leakage and also bigger modding capabilities.

Want to thank you all for your help @c61746961, @ProfFalkin, @antdroid as you made it all more clear to me.

I bought the new t50rp mk3 when I compared the Sines with my old t50rp. For a fraction of the price the t50rp was better than the Sines for me. 
Now the Sines are more portable, has a better look and are easier to drive. Otherwise, if you look for the price/sq the t50's are way better.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #1,445 of 2,017
I bought the new t50rp mk3 when I compared the Sines with my old t50rp. For a fraction of the price the t50rp was better than the Sines for me. 
Now the Sines are more portable, has a better look and are easier to drive. Otherwise, if you look for the price/sq the t50's are way better

If they ever decide to produce over-ear version of Sines or not such premium leather product it will be very popular i think.
I know Audeze is all about high-quality, premium headphones and that's their niche for sure, but some people just need great sound, nice soundstage and comfort; nothing more.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,446 of 2,017
  If they ever decide to produce over-ear version of Sines or not such premium leather product it will be very popular i think.
I know Audeze is all about high-quality, premium headphones and that's their niche for sure, but some people just need great sound, nice soundstage and comfort; nothing more.

I do have LCD2.2 and love it but sometimes I prefer the new t50rp mk3. While the old t50rp model was rather mid centric, the mk3 is not.
The LCD2.2 is very precise, have a huge sound with lots of headroom and deep bass, but sometimes the mk3 is more fun, go figure.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #1,447 of 2,017
I just joined Fostex T50rp mkIII club.

HOLY **** !!!! Haven't been this excited about headphones for a while..

for me, the stock pads didn't work at all - uncomfortable within 30 min, huge clamping force, pads too shallow..

changed to pair of brainwavz and everything is perfect.

These are really special - they compete with much pricey headphones out there.

I will need to calm down first, but then I'll have to think about whether I should keep my Beyerdynamic T5p - yes, there are THAT good! We'll see though...

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,448 of 2,017
  I just joined Fostex T50rp mkIII club.

HOLY **** !!!! Haven't been this excited about headphones for a while..

for me, the stock pads didn't work at all - uncomfortable within 30 min, huge clamping force, pads too shallow..

changed to pair of brainwavz and everything is perfect.

These are really special - they compete with much pricey headphones out there.

I will need to calm down first, but then I'll have to think about whether I should keep my Beyerdynamic T5p - yes, there are THAT good! We'll see though...

Wow, are they so good really?
I mean headphones which are almost 5x more expensive lose the duel.
Anyways congrats, will also join you soon, just ordered pair of T50's too.

Btw. what Brainwavz pads are you using?

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,449 of 2,017
Hello guys i'am amateur producer in FLstudio 11 i change mu perspective and i wanna start with Ableton i really want to be a professional producer of trance music.
I have experience 2 and a half years working as a professional sound technician and same time for Fl Studio learning. I'am interested about pioneer se-dj5000
for reasonable price 100$. Are this headphones are good for producing trance i need some help ? also my friend talking for Kingston HyperX  but they 
are gameing headphones 8.1 surround sound and is for same price of 100$ which ones are betther i don't know can i make quality sound with gameing headphones?
it sounds funny to me i need some advise 

Tnx.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,450 of 2,017
@Dimitar, I'm not a DJ and don't know how the DJ headphones should sound (a lot of bass probably, ha-ha)

But my friend is, for many years. He's using Sennheiser HD 25 now and says he's very happy with them.
Of course they cost $200+ but you can take a look at them.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,451 of 2,017
  Wow, are they so good really?
I mean headphones which are almost 5x more expensive lose the duel.
Anyways congrats, will also join you soon, just ordered pair of T50's too.

Btw. what Brainwavz pads are you using?

It's fair to say that I have extreme demands for comfort.

I have these for T5P
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZGGG3KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With these the comfort is superb - unbeatable in comparison to anything I've ever had.

I have these for Fostex
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO
With these the comfort is really good, acceptable for most people - due to stronger clamping force and worse headband it's still no match to T5p though.

So..after I calmed down a bit and listened to couple of songs:

Fostex : soundstage !!!, bass with impact and rumble - makes it really fun to listen, yet not leaking too much into other frequencies
t5p: detail, resolution, comfort, tight bass (I love it too!)

Imaging is great on both.

The sound quality difference is not so huge as the price difference. The value is definitely on the Fostex side, though Beyer may be superior in SQ.

Also - FiiO X7 AM2 does not power Fostex sufficiently, plus they do not isolate well (I hear every street noise) - so it's a no-go for me for portable use.

Anyway - you can really start looking forward, these are amazing :) !

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,454 of 2,017
It's fair to say that I have extreme demands for comfort.

I have these for T5P
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZGGG3KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With these the comfort is superb - unbeatable in comparison to anything I've ever had.

I have these for Fostex
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO
With these the comfort is really good, acceptable for most people - due to stronger clamping force and worse headband it's still no match to T5p though.

So..after I calmed down a bit and listened to couple of songs:

Fostex : soundstage !!!, bass with impact and rumble - makes it really fun to listen, yet not leaking too much into other frequencies
t5p: detail, resolution, comfort, tight bass (I love it too!)

Imaging is great on both.

The sound quality difference is not so huge as the price difference. The value is definitely on the Fostex side, though Beyer may be superior in SQ.

Also - FiiO X7 AM2 does not power Fostex sufficiently, plus they do not isolate well (I hear every street noise) - so it's a no-go for me for portable use.

Anyway - you can really start looking forward, these are amazing :) !

If you think your amp doesn't power them, I'd recommend you to look at Dacport Slim on massdrop, it seem to be powerful enough for every headphones, and also has a decent sound chip. it costs only 100 bucks. I've ordered one already, waiting them to ship.
will post here my impressions after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back