1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sopp, Apr 15, 2015.
First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
Next

Last
  1. big45-70

Thanks dude good to know,  a lot of the research I did before purchasing stated that to drive them a portable amp is recommended.  I figured I would give them a listen as is and then do a little research on an amp after buying.  I plugged them into my fiio X1 and to my ears (previously some fiio EX1 iems) they sounded great.  Also an Iphone 6s plus and LG G5 drove them to adequate listening levels.  Am i missing anything in regards to sound quality without a amp?

2. caly
    Is $110 a decent deal for these from this link, or would I be able to find a lower price somewhere else?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1180066-REG/fostex_rpmk3_series_t50rp_mk3_stereo.html

3. SpiderNhan
  4. VSENSES
    Does anyone here have any experience comparing the T50 with the Beyerdynamic DT250?

5. marcan
    First I tried several pads on the mk3 and came to the conclusion that the stock pads are the best particularly regarding the sound. The mod I recommend is to tune the inner and outer bass vents to compensate the lake of sub. You have to make it sparingly particularly the 8 inner bas vents.
    About the amp, the t50rp needs some juice, so you might benefit from an amp unless you don't listen at the same level than me :wink:

6. Lohb

Is the deal still showing to you...outside USA it is looking like $150 or so....

7. paulmazz
    Has anyone had any luck with treble reflectors? I've been trying some stiff felt on the back driver and it just seems to kill the bass.

8. Lohb

...stick ovals of shelf liner just behind the pads on the outside of the unit...it will take the edge off the treble but the bass and mids will still fight their way through that rubbery mesh......unless you are meaning you want to raise the treble !
    10025888ProGripShelfLinerBlk_600.jpg

just buy various thicknesses and hole size sheets till you nail it...not that expensive.

9. caly

Thanks, bought!

Yes it still shows for me, but I'm in the US.

10. big45-70
    I spent a lot of time with my new 50rps today. I was running them off a first gen x1 on near max volume it chugged a long pretty good. The sound I'm getting from there headphones is really amazing and eye opening on what I've been missing.

11. trellus

Are you signed into their store?   I'm in the USA, but I noted that it had a price listed at $159.99 and then there was some small print somewhere near it that said "for a lower price, sign in", and I signed in (I've purchased from them before so I already had a login), and the price went down to $109.99....[​IMG] 

Quote:

12. paulmazz
    Has anyone else noticed how warm/dark these headphones are? I've been tinkering with them for a while trying to boost the mids and some treble, but it always seems to kill the bass. Has anyone else had luck?

13. marcan
    Which model? mk3?

14. paulmazz
    T40s but I've been replaced the plastic over the vents with different kinds to felt to mimic the t50s

15. marcan
    mk?

First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
Next

Last