Type
For Sale
Currency
GBP
Price
Dec 3, 2016 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

damianryan

Head-Fier
Bought this new in Sept ’12.      Battery still holding good charge.    For those of us sympathetic to the convenience of iTunes this is a  great unit.     It comes from the dark days before the market became flooded with dac/amps and was geared towards ipod users.       It comes with a  Gen7 iPod case which I stuck to the case work with double sided adhesive.    When I finally removed this to sell it,   the pads had marked the nextel coating.       I’ve had this part of the case professionally repaired. The repaired surface is visually slightly different to the rest of the case but the unit still looks very good and has hardly any wear marks.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 7

zeddun

100+ Head-Fier
I really liked my HP-P1. It worked great with my classic until my classic ran out of space and it sounded great unless you were attempting to drive power hungry cans. But it does have a 3.5 mm line in for amping non-apple devices which can come in handy.

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 7

damianryan

Head-Fier

Thanks for your response zeddun.    It’s behind the pace these days these days with Mojo grabbing all the attention.    I did occasionally use the line in for amping.....but I think its dac was it’s strong suit.    I haven’t had much interest in it.      Looks like it may end up in the cabinet of curiosities as a heritage object???? 

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 7

damianryan

Head-Fier
Thanks for the nod Guidostrunk, Headfi can certainly help you see the passing of time as we look back nostalgically on our gear. As you say, this was a great little unit, and I'm surprised nobody wanted it. Getting tired of bumping it now. I think it's going in the raffle at our next Headfirst meet!!

Users who are viewing this thread