Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 479

khaos974

Headphoneus Supremus
HP-A8 32-bit DAC Headphone Amplifier

Model HP-A8 is a Fostex’s flagship DAC Headphone Amplifier offering finely built analog and digital circuitry designs as well as epoch-making DSD file reproduction function.

•High quality 32-bit DAC (AK4399) and all discrete analog circuitry headphone amplifier for maximum sound quality
•USB High Speed up to 32bit*/192kHz (*24bit on Windows)
•Asynchronous mode using high precision TCXO clock
•Audiophile quality electronic volume
•Large capacity toroidal power transformer for ample power supply
•Built-in SD card drive to reproduce DSD (dsf) and WAV file.
•Internal Clock or External Clock mode selectable
•Up-sampling function (x2, x4 and OFF)
•Selectable digital filter; sharp roll-off or short-delay
•24-step gain control for headphone out
•Headphone direct out mode bypassing the volume circuit for line output
•Comes with a handy dedicated remote controller
•Inputs: USB, AES/EBU, Coaxial, Optical x 2, Analog RCA
•Outputs: Phones x 2, Analog RCA, Optical

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 479
Does this dac have a release date?

Biggie.

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 479
I wonder if that will apply to North America as well. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Biggie.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 479

Quote:
I wonder if that will apply to North America as well. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Biggie.

I'm not even sure if the HP-A8 will enter the overseas market. The older HP-A7 was only limited to the Japanese market, so everyone else had to pay an inflated price to import the A7. I'm guessing it will be the same for the A8.

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 479
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not even sure if the HP-A8 will enter the overseas market. The older HP-A7 was only limited to the Japanese market, so everyone else had to pay an inflated price to import the A7. I'm guessing it will be the same for the A8.

I think it will considering it was presented at the RMAF.
http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/latest_news/EFElkkEEkppFPnXLFH.shtml

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 479

Quote:
I think it will considering it was presented at the RMAF.
http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/latest_news/EFElkkEEkppFPnXLFH.shtml

Hmm you've got a point, hopefully you're right. Wonder why the A7 never made it to the international market since both the A3 and the P1 did (and possibly the A8 as well).

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #10 of 479
This has analog inputs and an optical out, does that mean it will do ADC as well?

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 479
Damnit, I might need to wait for this too... =D Basicly it has features I'm not going to need, and the DAC chip apparently isn't noticeably better than the AKM4396 which is available in few DACs at the moment. (I'm in the progress of buying an ORB Audio JADE-1 LTD which uses the AKM4396 mentioned, but Kaneda has not replied anything...) In any case, this is great looking device and I might end up buying it after all, depending on how things go.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 479

Looks like an interesting piece of kit. You'll have to let us know how it sounds!

Sorry for the off-topic... Got my order done, now it's waiting time again! = ) Money keeps flowing away from me. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back