Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #4,396 of 4,760
Is it this?

Because I have this as well, and think it's also caused damage to one of my high end AECO rhodium plugs - similar to yours, looks like it's been chipped. The Furutech adapter is a bloody nightmare to use.

Precisely that. Wow... this must be the reason.

Now I am thinking I've likely used it with two of my nice cables, luckily not with any of my FAW ones.

Can I still safely keep using a cable that has that amount of chipping or am I risking something?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #4,397 of 4,760

Now I am thinking I've likely used it with two of my nice cables, luckily not with any of my FAW ones.

Can I still safely keep using a cable that has that amount of chipping or am I risking something?
Yes, it's annoying given that how hard it is to find decent 6.35mm/3.5mm adapters, and one of the only decent one has a serious flaw.

My cable is from a different company and I'm actually speaking with them right now about what to do. He did suggest cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, but this didn't work. I don't think it affects sound or is a risk, but it really mars what is otherwise a beautiful cable. Probably I'll send back and re-terminate. You can see mine below, worse than yours in fact. Again, like Forza, definitely not the fault of the cable maker, but rather the adapter itself.

1120907 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #4,398 of 4,760

I have this exact adapter, and confirm that it is really tight. I've actually only used it to adapt my 6.3mm jack for my HD 820 to 3.5mm to use with my Mojo with my PC, as I prefer it for gaming to my Hugo 2. I've been hesitant to use it on any nicer cables (i.e. Forza Hybrid for my Utopia).

This adapter is actually my second one. I had to return the first one because it was so tight that it wasn't going in with a normal about of force. The replacement was better but still tight. Was planning when I upgrade to the Mojo 2 to try it with my Utopia, but dunno now. Don't want to risk ruining the jack of my nice Forza cable. I've used the adapter many times on the HD 820 jack, but have never inspected it for any wear. There's definitely nothing obvious.

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #4,399 of 4,760
What are the current waiting times for Noir Hybrid cables? I placed an order on the 21 Jan - can you check everything is ok?

Usually a product is ready within 3-4 working days and often even faster. Please drop me a mail if you haven't already, thanks :)

Seems like most here do go for the Noir cable, I did go for the Claire Hybrid HPC with dark sleeve. Used it for almost two years now, supreme quality and sound.

While not maybe as beautiful as the Noir its beautiful in its own way, matches good with my ZMF Verite Silkwood.

Thanks a lot! May I share your post on my FB please?

Got the Forza hybrid cables for Sennheiser IE 900. So far so good. Much better ergonomics than the stock cable.

Brilliant shots, thank you! I'd like to ask about your permission to post that on my FB if that's okay?

Is it this?

Because I have this as well, and think it's also caused damage to one of my high end AECO rhodium plugs - similar to yours, looks like it's been chipped. The Furutech adapter is a bloody nightmare to use.

About that adapter, personally I can't really fault it. I've been using the same one for roughly some 3 years or so. It is a very tight fit internally, but it never damaged 6,3mm plugs I've been using (Furutech, ViaBlue and Neutrik). It gets two thumbs up from me, but photos of chipped contact surface posted here are quite disturbing.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 16, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #4,400 of 4,760
Usually a product is ready within 3-4 working days and often even faster. Please drop me a mail if you haven't already, thanks :)

Thanks a lot! May I share your post on my FB please?

Brilliant shots, thank you! I'd like to ask about your permission to post that on my FB if that's okay?

About that adapter, personally I can't really fault it. I've been using the same one for roughly some 3 years or so. It is a very tight fit internally, but it never damaged 6,3mm plugs I've been using (Furutech, ViaBlue and Neutrik). It gets two thumbs up from me, but photos of chipped contact surface posted here are quite disturbing.
That's okay 👍😃

Feb 16, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #4,401 of 4,760
sure, go ahead!

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #4,402 of 4,760
What is the story here guys, does anyone know? Looks like the hybrid is no longer made with 4.4 mm? I'd ask Matt but maybe someone here already did.

B22A996C-31CC-424E-A43C-FC21D4896C83.jpeg

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #4,403 of 4,760
What is the story here guys, does anyone know? Looks like the hybrid is no longer made with 4.4 mm? I'd ask Matt but maybe someone here already did.

B22A996C-31CC-424E-A43C-FC21D4896C83.jpeg
I asked him about a similar out of stock message. It’s a problem with the website front end and he’s working with the developer to fix. (No ETA though, I asked him about it few weeks ago)

Nothing is discontinued or out of stock. If you get this message just email him directly with the cable you want ordered and he will take care of you.

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #4,404 of 4,760
I asked him about a similar out of stock message. It’s a problem with the website front end and he’s working with the developer to fix. (No ETA though, I asked him about it few weeks ago)

Nothing is discontinued or out of stock. If you get this message just email him directly with the cable you want ordered and he will take care of you.
Great thank you!

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #4,405 of 4,760
Hi,

This is my opinion after having ordered a FAW Noir Mk2 for my Focal Clear OG and later on a FAW Noir Mk 2 for my system at work. Look, feel and build are premium. This cable is surprisingly flexible. Sound (in my system (Feliks Audio Echo (with Reflektor NOS 6N23P) - Aqua La Voce S2)): in the beginning, I had a lot of bass and some how distant highs as if the highs were far although present. After 20 hours or so of burn-in, the FAW Noir Mk 2 showed its magic. Powerful however dry (bass), juicy midrange and unoffensive highs with a lot of resolution thogh. The soundstage has expended it a bit especially in depth. This cable also enhances the timbres of the Clear OG. I am also still surprised about the space that this cable offers between each note. I compared it with the (much more expensive) Kimber Axios that I have on loan for some weeks. The Axios offers more resolution. However, the FAW Noir Mk2 has a more immersive sound (if this sentence makes any sense), the FAW Noir Mk2 brings calmness. The Kimber Axios may be a better cable for some listeners but, I do prefer the FAW Noir Mk2. I consider it to be the perfect companion of the Clear OG. I do recommend the FAW cable Noir Mk2.

Feb 24, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #4,407 of 4,760
I ran through the thread here a bit and it sounds like the right cable to get for the Susvara is the Claire Hybrid or the Noir Hybrid; has anyone listened to the difference between the two? I'm not concerned as much about the cost difference but the Claire looks a lot less bulky and user friendly (looks really similar to the Audeze LCD-4z/5 cables I have, which are great). That said, I've got a May > Bliss > Susvara, and while anything will beat the susvara stock cable that I'm currently using, I don't want to find myself with a bottleneck.

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #4,408 of 4,760
I ran through the thread here a bit and it sounds like the right cable to get for the Susvara is the Claire Hybrid or the Noir Hybrid; has anyone listened to the difference between the two? I'm not concerned as much about the cost difference but the Claire looks a lot less bulky and user friendly (looks really similar to the Audeze LCD-4z/5 cables I have, which are great). That said, I've got a May > Bliss > Susvara, and while anything will beat the susvara stock cable that I'm currently using, I don't want to find myself with a bottleneck.

Both these cables sound similarly in the sense of what they do (the same conductor material), but the main difference between Noir and Claire is in how much of a difference they make. In other words, you'll hear Noir's impact more in your setup and many people (including me) consider this an improvement. Noir also has a cleaner background, which is particularly useful during listening to calm music genres. As for slinkiness, I think that Noir is even nicer in use than Claire :wink:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 5, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #4,410 of 4,760
Hybrid Series HPC or Claire HPC mkII for my DCA Aeon 2 Noire? :D
Whats the difference between those cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back