Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #3,796 of 4,755
Sorry guys. im sitting at home with this Rona sickness.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #3,797 of 4,755
I read somewhere that the Focal headphones are hardwired not to be balanced even if a balanced cable is used??? Anyone else ever hear that?

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #3,800 of 4,755
I read somewhere that the Focal headphones are hardwired not to be balanced even if a balanced cable is used??? Anyone else ever hear that?

I don't know for sure, but from general principles headphone connectors are inherently connected in a balanced way - one side of each of the L and R earcup connectors is attached to one end of its L or R transducer coil, and the other side of the connector is tied to the other end of the coil. It's the amplifier plug that is either single ended or balanced. The single ended amp plug ties the - sides of both L and R channels together for a common ground.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #3,801 of 4,755
No.

And this is impossible with 2 separated cups/ plugs, I'd say. ^^

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #3,802 of 4,755
Christmas came early. Just in, probably the most beautiful cable I have ever had the pleasure to own - the Claire Hybrid HPC in semi-transparent black finish, decked out from head to toe in Furutech plugs for the Meze Liric. The cable also feature's Forza's new anodized aluminium splitter, which is absolutely beautiful. Photos can't do justice to how fantastic this cable looks and to way it glimmers with an iridescent glow in the sunlight. Needless to say, it also sounds fantastic - a clear upgrade from the stock Liric cable, the Claire Hybrid adds definition and definition without modifying the sound signature too much. Paired with the Meze Liric and FiiO M17, this is endgame material. I can't thank @Matez enough for this cable. I am the proud owner of quite a few Forza cables, but this one is really top notch.

P1100406.jpgP1100408.jpgP1100411.jpgP1100403.jpgP1100425.jpg

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #3,803 of 4,755
My Noir HPC Mk2 is out for delivery!

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #3,804 of 4,755
Well, Mr. Forza cable just landed, and I have to say, I am very impressed! :smiley_cat: Clarity and resolution is fantastic, and the control is sublime, wow... Soundstage is opened up, highs are more resolving and the bass is just better....my LCD-2C just came alive!

20211222_193800.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #3,805 of 4,755
Christmas came early. Just in, probably the most beautiful cable I have ever had the pleasure to own - the Claire Hybrid HPC in semi-transparent black finish, decked out from head to toe in Furutech plugs for the Meze Liric. The cable also feature's Forza's new anodized aluminium splitter, which is absolutely beautiful. Photos can't do justice to how fantastic this cable looks and to way it glimmers with an iridescent glow in the sunlight. Needless to say, it also sounds fantastic - a clear upgrade from the stock Liric cable, the Claire Hybrid adds definition and definition without modifying the sound signature too much. Paired with the Meze Liric and FiiO M17, this is endgame material. I can't thank @Matez enough for this cable. I am the proud owner of quite a few Forza cables, but this one is really top notch.

P1100406.jpgP1100408.jpgP1100411.jpgP1100403.jpgP1100425.jpg
Very nice. Im excited and waiting for my claire hybrid.

I couldnt see the splitter on the pictures. How is it?

Also that fururech plug is called Sony 4.4mm when choosing the cable right?

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,806 of 4,755
Very nice. Im excited and waiting for my claire hybrid.

I couldnt see the splitter on the pictures. How is it?

Also that fururech plug is called Sony 4.4mm when choosing the cable right?
Close up of the splitter below.

You'll need to manually request the Furutech connector. It's more expensive but worth it. The Sony 4.4mm listed as the default option is a generic plug. It's perfectly fine but doesn't have the build quality of the Furutech.

P1100403~2.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #3,807 of 4,755
I wish I had that option. A generic plug doesnt sound great to me. What a bummer. I thought the sony 4.4 plug was superb quality. I ordered top quality hybrid cables with generic quality plugs.

I know how decent a generic plug is. i had couple of them chipping already. I reeeaaally dont hope the quality is that bad on Forzas.

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #3,808 of 4,755
I think the term "Sony 4.4mm plug" used by Forza is because Sony were one of the first to employ it on their DAPs. Probably it would be best to just list that option as "4.4mm plug" to avoid confusion.

In any case, I'm not sure which particular species of generic plug he uses but it's certainly not poor quality. I've had one myself, as I'm sure numerous other people on this thread have, and it did the job. Generic doesn't necessarily imply bad quality, it's just not branded/made by a specific manufacturer that you might know.

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #3,809 of 4,755
I wish I had that option. A generic plug doesnt sound great to me. What a bummer. I thought the sony 4.4 plug was superb quality. I ordered top quality hybrid cables with generic quality plugs.

I know how decent a generic plug is. i had couple of them chipping already. I reeeaaally dont hope the quality is that bad on Forzas.
BTW, the cable above has three Furutech plugs on. I don't remember the exact cost but it was likely twice as much as the regular Claire Hybrid with standard plugs. The regular version will still do the same job!

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #3,810 of 4,755
Thanks. I wrote Matt and asked about this. If its possible to upgrade..... and the quality of the standard 4.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back