Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 24, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #3,451 of 4,754
And there's Taurus when I still had it. He1000se is with Noir Hybrid HPC.

IMG_2054.jpg

May 24, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,452 of 4,754
And there's Taurus when I still had it. He1000se is with Noir Hybrid HPC.

IMG_2054.jpg
Quite impressive collection of gear you have / had. ^^

My actual constellation is my first step into a "more HiFi-listening way"; the time before, I listened to some 320 kbits MP3 with much cheaper gear (beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro driven by suitable amps). Then I had a chance to grab the auralic amp with the Audeze LCD-2. And quite happy atm with this stuff :wink:

Maybe some time in future (not very soon), I'll enhance my current level ... but that's far away from now, I guess so ...

May 24, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #3,453 of 4,754
Quite impressive collection of gear you have / had. ^^

My actual constellation is my first step into a "more HiFi-listening way"; the time before, I listened to some 320 kbits MP3 with much cheaper gear (beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro driven by suitable amps). Then I had a chance to grab the auralic amp with the Audeze LCD-2. And quite happy atm with this stuff :wink:

Maybe some time in future (not very soon), I'll enhance my current level ... but that's far away from now, I guess so ...
Taurus would be sufficient with all headphones but you need a tube amp :) Then it's more headphones and more Forza cables. :)

I bought the LCD4 after I sold off Taurus. I'm sure that pairing would have been great because Taurus in balanced mode has sufficient power.

May 28, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #3,455 of 4,754
Well, in general, I'd say the Manhattan's a very good headphone amplifier. Between balanced and unbalanced, at least with the Focal Clear, the difference isn't that obvious, maybe a little bit more tightness. Also the output level is higher in balanced mode so maybe a more demanding headphone will benefit more.

It surely is on my list of stuff I need to listen to one day.

I was looking for an extension or replacement of my standard 1.9 m manufacturer balanced cable in order to drive my Audeze LCD-2 on an Auralic Taurus MK2 amplifier. A friend of mine told me about Forza AudioWorks (FAW) and so I checked out some products and settings on the FAW-page. The 4 m version of the "Noir HPC Mk2" wasn't orderable (3 m maximum via webshop), so I sent my first request to Matt on 2nd of May.

After some conversation, I decided to take Matt's offer (4 m of Noir HPC Mk2 with Neutrik plug, headphone Audeze LCD Series, splitter not configurable) on 9th of May. I expected that this "non standard version" has some extra "tinkering time" and so, just 10 days later - on 19th of May - the order was shipped and arrived 2 day later (Poland to Austria via UPS). Parcel was environmental-friendly (mostly plastic free) with wooden shavings as transport material - a quite positive surprise / first impression.

The build-quality - compared to my standard Audeze-XLR-cable is: superb. Much thicker, covered in a textile mantle, stylish splitter - amazing good. The mark for left / right plug to headphone is only given by a green spot for right channel - a more clear declaration would be fine (or a hint for "first time purchaser" like me).

My audio-configuration is setted like this: moode audio on a raspberry pi 3 feeds via USB a SMSL SU-8 v2 this fires balanced to my Auralic Taurus MK2 and via FAW "Noir HPC Mk2" to my Audeze LCD 2. My audio material is a least CD-quality 44.1 khz, 16 Bit or higher (mostly qobuz). My "sample music" is was mixture of rock, indie, classic pop, grunge, neo classic. The sound is "quite impressive". Unexpected clarity, deep and precice bass, strong vocals and good treble. But is this the result of the "Noir HPC Mk2"? Not whole - every part of the system features it's own sound-style and -quality. The most hearable improvement was the upgrade from unbalanced RCA to balanced XLR (in / out of the Auralic Taurus MK2). So I can say for sure that the standard unbalanced manufacture cable (I also own this one) has much worse sound compared to both balanced XLR-cable (standard manufacture / FAW). The comparission between both XLR-headphone-cables is much harder for me. I've no switch or something like this, so I've to hear a song with one cable, have to un- and replug the other cable and start over the song again. It's hard to remember differences (for me) when there is a timespan of 1 minute or more between the same sound-stage. What I guess I hear is that there is more bass and more details with the FAW-cable.

So as conclusion: Is it the FAW-cable worth? I would say: Yes, it is. I can take place in a more convenient spot (2 m additional length so I can use my couch and don't have to sit somewhere between hifi-rag and couch-table), the sound-quality is (at least with my sound-stage and my personal hearing and impression) slithly improved, the estetics to the cable is much better. It is my new "main headphone cable" and will stay for sure.

Thanks to FAW for this quite impressive product.

VrGMy5L.jpg

Many thanks for your feedback and I hope that my cable will serve you well for years to come :)

Can I please use your post on my FB wall?

The Taurus is a lovely amp. Only sold it because I love tube amps more. Still deciding on a final cable for my new LCD4, which is using a Claire Hybrid HPC from my LCD2f, LCD3f days... and sounds good.

Aye, Taurus and Vega blew me away many years ago. Although the latter became quite popular, Taurus always was to me an underdog not appreciated enough for what it is.

Hi Matt,
would it be possible to have an IEM 4.4 balanced / 2pin cable based on the 8-core Claire HPC Mk2 cable ?
and possibly also an adapter female 4.4 bal to 3.5 unbal male

I think it's possible, but please send me a mail OK? Thanks!

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,458 of 4,754
Hi Matt Just Receive My Noir Hybrid HPC Cable for My Utopia and Stellia , thanks For the fast Delivery and the outstanding Build Quality.
Very Happy With your Impressive Work. I am absolute Shure i will Order more Cables in the Future .

Greetings from Austria
Alex

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #3,460 of 4,754
Got myself some iem cables. Swift delivery and they do look lovely! Way nicer than the stock cable for sure
Thx Matez!

Attachments

• 20210615_133522.jpg
    20210615_133522.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210615_133300.jpg
    20210615_133300.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210615_134057.jpg
    20210615_134057.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,461 of 4,754
HI There,
I am the happy owner of 2 FAW cables and waiting for my 3rd one !
  1. Unbalanced Hybrid cable for Shure 1540
  2. Balanced Hybrid cable for Audeze LCD2C
  3. Unbalanced Hybrid for Focal Clear/Beyer T1 ... should be delivered tomorrow
All of them are 1.25m because I use them with my DAP.
I love the sound and the craftmanship, my Shure made a huge leap forward in terms of sound and comfort, the old cable was very stiff
The Audeze now are perfectly driven by the DAP thanks to the balanced 4.4 connection
Looking forward to receive the Clear/T1 cable to replace the super stiff original ones !

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #3,462 of 4,754
I ordered a Noir Hybrid XLR and a 4mm TRRRS cable for my Focal Stellia some time back. There was excellent communication to me and it shipped before the communicated date.

Q90aIll.png

So much better than the terribly microphonic stock cables that comes with the Stellia. I have not done any A/B testing with the stock cable vs the noir hybrid so I can't speak on the sonic differences if they exist. I am just happy the big microphonic issues are gone and that I can enjoy the music more with these cables because of it :).

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #3,463 of 4,754
I ordered a Noir Hybrid XLR and a 4mm TRRRS cable for my Focal Stellia some time back. There was excellent communication to me and it shipped before the communicated date.

Q90aIll.png

So much better than the terribly microphonic stock cables that comes with the Stellia. I have not done any A/B testing with the stock cable vs the noir hybrid so I can't speak on the sonic differences if they exist. I am just happy the big microphonic issues are gone and that I can enjoy the music more with these cables because of it :).

Lovely Mac! If I may ask, how does it work with your Stellias?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back