Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #3,406 of 4,753
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #3,407 of 4,753
Thanks! I just checked and that is not possible, I'd end up damaging the amp trying the one I want, only XLR to 4.4mm or 6.3mm to 3.5mm but never balanced to se or viceversa
Actually using a XLR terminated cable with an XLR to 6.3mm adapter on the SE output of the amp is save.

Using a 6.3mm terminated cable with a 6.3mm to XLR adapter on the balanced XLR output on the amp is NOT.

That means the cable from the link is save, the other way round is not

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #3,408 of 4,753
Actually using a XLR terminated cable with an XLR to 6.3mm adapter on the SE output of the amp is save.

Using a 6.3mm terminated cable with a 6.3mm to XLR adapter on the balanced XLR output on the amp is NOT.

That means the cable from the link is save, the other way round is not
Yes XLR to 6.3mm I have one and it works flawlessly but not the other way around unfortunately, I'm about to receive d8000 pro and wanted to use it balanced on Jot 2

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #3,409 of 4,753
Yes XLR to 6.3mm I have one and it works flawlessly but not the other way around unfortunately, I'm about to receive d8000 pro and wanted to use it balanced on Jot 2
Well you can still use it on the SE out if the Jotunheim.

However for the balanced out you're right, you will need a completely new balanced cable.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3,410 of 4,753
So when a cable is "in stock", does that mean that there are that number of them already made and waiting to be sent out, or does that just mean that all the parts are ready to be put together? Sorry for the simple question, but I've never been sure.

This means that I have all parts in stock. Considering all lengths and possible connector combinations there are, it would be impossible to have anything pre-made.

Thanks!

Hi @Matez do you have any kind of adapter 6.3mm female to xlr 4-pin male? is that possible?

You can go from a XLR to 6.3mm, but not the other way around.

Guess the whole pandemic increased demand (or created material shortings)

That's for sure, folks consume more stuff they can enjoy at home and the entire industry is rather well I'd say.

However Forza Audioworks seems to be on the Fast end of the Spektrum

We do what we can to send everything within a reasonable time frame, as in a week or two if we have all parts in stock.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 25, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #3,411 of 4,753
Hello @Matez

i have ordered a Forza Noir Hybrid last month for my Focal Elears. Can i also use it with my new Hifiman Aryas or do you use different connectors for that?

Best
Dominik

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #3,412 of 4,753
Hello @Matez

i have ordered a Forza Noir Hybrid last month for my Focal Elears. Can i also use it with my new Hifiman Aryas or do you use different connectors for that?

Best
Dominik
You can use it for both

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #3,413 of 4,753
Beautiful Noir Hybrid attached to my just arrived VC!!

Thanks for the cables @Matez, they are incredibly well made :L3000:

VC.jpg

...and yes, you can use the picture if you want :darthsmile:

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #3,415 of 4,753
Beautiful Noir Hybrid attached to my just arrived VC!!

Thanks for the cables @Matez, they are incredibly well made :L3000:

...and yes, you can use the picture if you want :darthsmile:

Thanks and thanks... you mind reader you :D

Nice @RayUK . I have the same cable for my He1000se. Now I am deciding what to get for my new arrival LCD4.

Very nice cans. I had fun having around HEKv2 for a good year or so.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #3,416 of 4,753
Received my FAW Noir HPC Mk2 for my He1000se and to connect to my ifi micro signature (4.4mm) some weeks ago.
Awesome build super nice cable. Not as heavy as I expected.
Sound is really nice, I think much better than my old audiocrast cable. The bass is more present and deeper, the treble is not so sharp anymore, but this is just my personal subjective opinion :wink:

my only really small cosmetic issue is that the heatshrink on the 4.4mm connector is transparent and the ones on the 3.5mm connectors are black, i would love black for both sides.

definitly recommend the cable!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210430_124445_Greatness~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20210430_124445_Greatness~2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,417 of 4,753
Received my FAW Noir HPC Mk2 for my He1000se and to connect to my ifi micro signature (4.4mm) some weeks ago.
Awesome build super nice cable. Not as heavy as I expected.
Sound is really nice, I think much better than my old audiocrast cable. The bass is more present and deeper, the treble is not so sharp anymore, but this is just my personal subjective opinion :wink:

Thanks a lot. You have a great setup there and it's good to know that my cable works in there well, enjoy!

As for heatshrink on the 4.4mm, there are actually two. The one with my logo is black, and transparent heatshrink that goes on it prevents any damage to that logo.

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #3,418 of 4,753
Does anyone know where to get 3.5mm male-female slim adapters? something like this but instead of TRRS only TS (mono). Thanks in advance!

1619811504078.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back