Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #3,361 of 4,755
The package is still being held in the UPS warehouse. And no response from FAW to my several emails. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and if the situation doesn't change I'll file a grievance and claim with PayPal. They usually are good about customer complaints.

It may be early on for this order, but my experience so far is that potential customers of FAW need to be aware of this sort of experience before they order.

Matt's workshop is a one man operation, so somehting had to come up on his end. We get quality stuff at low prices, but at times we simply need to wait a bit longer for a mail :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #3,362 of 4,755
The package is still being held in the UPS warehouse. And no response from FAW to my several emails. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and if the situation doesn't change I'll file a grievance and claim with PayPal. They usually are good about customer complaints.

It may be early on for this order, but my experience so far is that potential customers of FAW need to be aware of this sort of experience before they order.
FAW did their part on shipping the cable, so I don't see any need to warn customers about them. Matt of FAW is one of the best cable makers out there, and when it comes to customer service, and I have nothing but great things to say. UPS is the problem.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,363 of 4,755
FAW did their part on shipping the cable, so I don't see any need to warn customers about them. Matt of FAW is one of the best cable makers out there, and when it comes to customer service, and I have nothing but great things to say. UPS is the problem.

Matthew finally responded that he has contacted UPS about the problem, which is probably about customs processing since I am in the USA.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #3,364 of 4,755
Matthew finally responded that he has contacted UPS about the problem, which is probably about customs processing since I am in the USA.
Like I wrote, the border custom declaration has to be made by UPS/ USA border customs/ carrier from the border, cause USA is non-eu country. They don´t pick every package, but yours this time. Just contact your local custom office to prevent some other issues when time comes.

Either UPS is doing the declaration for you and you maybe pay while you get the package at home or you have to pick it up at local customs office with a copy of you payment. That´s the way here in germany, could be a bit different in your country. idk!?

Only as an example:
When i ordered something which arrive at frankfurt airport border customs, sometimes i have to wait for month till they give the package free. So, it has nothing to do with the sender.

hope that helps.

cheers

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #3,365 of 4,755
Like I wrote, the border custom declaration has to be made by UPS/ USA border customs/ carrier from the border, cause USA is non-eu country. They don´t pick every package, but yours this time. Just contact your local custom office to prevent some other issues when time comes.

Either UPS is doing the declaration for you and you maybe pay while you get the package at home or you have to pick it up at local customs office with a copy of you payment. That´s the way here in germany, could be a bit different in your country. idk!?

Only as an example:
When i ordered something which arrive at frankfurt airport border customs, sometimes i have to wait for month till they give the package free. So, it has nothing to do with the sender.

hope that helps.

cheers

Aye, when I ship outside the EU it's all up to a courier company and local custom politics, so in the event of any delays all I can do is to ask them. Once in a while logistics take longer than expected, and sadly that's beyond my control. Still, I'm here to help and ask those questions if it needs to be.

Matt of FAW is one of the best cable makers out there, and when it comes to customer service, and I have nothing but great things to say.

Thanks!

We get quality stuff at low prices, but at times we simply need to wait a bit longer for a mail :wink:

Yup, if I want to keep my usual QC in check and have control over everything, there's no other way around. I have to handle everything in person. 1st world problems, I know :D

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3,366 of 4,755
Hey folks,

A stressfull day has a happy end.
Got my Noir Hybrid and some other cables today. :)

IMG_20210406_183444.jpg

Another time an amazing package filled with masterpieces. I hope to find the time for a little music session later today. I'm so excited to use the Noir!

For underway i use Matt's IEM cable. Absolutly comfortable, especially for me while wearing glasses. You forget that you use wired IEM's. You'll need No other cable for a long time. :)

IMG_20210406_182439.jpg

It is definetly a hard and stressfull time for all audiophiles, manufacturer, cable maker. The quality here is still on a high quality as usual.

You'll get every cable you wan't. Matt is very helpful to find a decision. Sometimes he needs a little reminder, when he got flooded with mail's and messages on several platforms. But at the end everything is still fine.

So, we have to be more patient, although we have so many different wishes. :wink:

Matt, thank you again!

P.S.
You'll get a mail during the next days, maybe it is a welcome variety for you!?
We'll see. Ich hope you find a gap for it. :D

My pleasure! Can I please snatch some of your fine photos on my FB wall?

Received my Claire Hybrid in semi-transparent black today for my Audeze LCD-2 Classics ( LCD-2C ). I can't comment on the sound too much as it's the only balanced cable I have for these headphones, but I'm very happy so far. Aesthetically, the cable is beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. The heat shrinks are perfect and all connections are secure. I particularly like the splitter as it fits the minimalist vibe of the cable. I'm very happy with the quality, lead time, and experience. I'll be ordering from FAW again. Here's the eye candy ...

JMZyLJ0.jpg

Z9WoRvE.jpg

lbKKCNu.jpg

Awesome, thanks! There's something oddly appealing about Audeze's cans, that's for sure!

Can I share your post on my FB too, please?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,369 of 4,755

Only as an example:

hope that helps.

cheers

Who knows - now a wait of weeks or even months. I don't know if I would have made the decision if I had known.

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #3,370 of 4,755
Who knows - now a wait of weeks or even months. I don't know if I would have made the decision if I had known.

I bought something from the U.S. last April that took three months to arrive in the EU. Thanks USPS. Thanks Covid. Thanks customs office. Not the seller's fault.

I bought something from the U.S. last May that took five months to arrive in the EU. Thanks USPS. Thanks Covid. Thanks customs office. Not the seller's fault.

I sold something in March this year and shipped it to Lithuania, it just arrived in the country yesterday. Intra-EU. Thanks EU post offices. Thanks Covid. Not my fault, all other packages within the EU arrive in less than 7 days despite Covid. In that time I ordered and received something from HK!

My point being, get some perspective. We live in a world affected by the pandemic, a world with customs barriers and bureaucracy, and you chose yourself to buy from outside the EU. It's a bit of a process, but if you scroll above you will see that pretty much every single person is happy with their FAW cables. You'll see people decrying the slow shipping to the other end of the world, the non-Amazon response times from a small boutique company, etc. What you won't see is people dissatisfied with the product. What is the point of posting in this thread about the slowness of international shipping, especially in these times? Were you blissfully unaware of all of these things?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #3,371 of 4,755
I bought something from the U.S. last April that took three months to arrive in the EU. Thanks USPS. Thanks Covid. Thanks customs office. Not the seller's fault.

I bought something from the U.S. last May that took five months to arrive in the EU. Thanks USPS. Thanks Covid. Thanks customs office. Not the seller's fault.

I sold something in March this year and shipped it to Lithuania, it just arrived in the country yesterday. Intra-EU. Thanks EU post offices. Thanks Covid. Not my fault, all other packages within the EU arrive in less than 7 days despite Covid. In that time I ordered and received something from HK!

My point being, get some perspective. We live in a world affected by the pandemic, a world with customs barriers and bureaucracy, and you chose yourself to buy from outside the EU. It's a bit of a process, but if you scroll above you will see that pretty much every single person is happy with their FAW cables. You'll see people decrying the slow shipping to the other end of the world, the non-Amazon response times from a small boutique company, etc. What you won't see is people dissatisfied with the product. What is the point of posting in this thread about the slowness of international shipping, especially in these times? Were you blissfully unaware of all of these things?

I am 81 and am not getting any younger.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #3,372 of 4,755
I am 81 and am not getting any younger.
I'm afraid the pandemic and customs officers are indifferent to your age, alas.

The comment above is spot on - things are taking a long time in shipping because of Covid. I also had the experience of sending something to the US and it literally taking 5 months to arrive via USPS. A package was sent to me took 5 months to get to Vienna and was then lost (also derived from USPS). Other packages - such as one I sent to Japan - was without incident and took a week (kudos to Japan).

In each case, the sender has no sway on arbitrary inspections and other delays. Unless you're ordering from Amazon, then every experience with the postal system and/or couriers tends to be a bit of risk these days. Likely if your package was sent with UPS, then it'll be with you shortly. Be grateful it's not going through the truly awful USPS system.

There are so many comments on this thread about the waiting time with Forza. It's really nothing, however, compared to other cable manufacturers (no need to mention names, though I'm sure they're obvious).

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3,374 of 4,755
Pre-COVID I was thinking twice before purchasing from places that only shipped USPS.
Yes, sadly I just had some pads sent to me via USPS (I was under the impression it would be via UPS), so I expect to see them sometime in August.

Sometimes, out of some perverse interest, I take a look at what happened to my lost USPS package (cables from Plussound). I just checked, and they're still at it's still "currently in transit to the destination." That was September 5, 2020. Posted July 2020. Details here. A mystery never to be solved.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #3,375 of 4,755
Yes, sadly I just had some pads sent to me via USPS (I was under the impression it would be via UPS), so I expect to see them sometime in August.

Sometimes, out of some perverse interest, I take a look at what happened to my lost USPS package (cables from Plussound). I just checked, and they're still at it's still "currently in transit to the destination." That was September 5, 2020. Posted July 2020. Details here. A mystery never to be solved.
I complain about the USPS, but I have been getting medications delivered by them for years and not once has there been a hiccup. Even during the holidays. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back