Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #3,091 of 4,749
Hi Matt,

Just posting to let you know that I received the second Noir Hybrid cable. Even new, I like it, noticing slightly better dynamics, slam, and just very nice presentation on my Meze Empyreans, presently with leather pads. Similar effects as I had with this cable on HD800S, but probably more pronounced. Other cables used have been Silver Dragon Premium v3 and Meze SPC. Will try on Verité when it arrives in a few days.

Keep up the great work!

Mike

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #3,092 of 4,749
I was just wondering about the appearance. I wanted to know if the Noir Mk2 and Noir Hybrid look the same as each other.

The appearance is the same. The difference is in conductors, which are hidden under Noir's black outer sleeve :)

Hi,
it's my turn to receive my Noir HPC Mk2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
barely received and already connected to my Magister connected to the A&K SA700 .....
What a joy ... a deep immersion makes me rediscover the power of bass impacts....
I'm starting to appreciate the delicate touching of the rest of the soundstage ...
Obviously, the quality of manufacture as well as the exchanges with Matt are just GREAT
I still have a lot of time in front of me to continue to appreciate it

Good and long health to Forza AudioWorks :clap:

@Matt : Hi Matt, it's Pascal (from France) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Pascal :)

Hi Matt,

Just posting to let you know that I received the second Noir Hybrid cable. Even new, I like it, noticing slightly better dynamics, slam, and just very nice presentation on my Meze Empyreans, presently with leather pads. Similar effects as I had with this cable on HD800S, but probably more pronounced. Other cables used have been Silver Dragon Premium v3 and Meze SPC. Will try on Verité when it arrives in a few days.

Keep up the great work!

Mike

Thanks Mike. Stay safe and enjoy :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #3,096 of 4,749
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #3,097 of 4,749
thank you matt, beautiful cable arrived :wink: :beyersmile:
Very fine first hearing test, goes exactly in the direction I wanted.

I'm curious how the cable will play out in the next few weeks

0A6CB458-D3E6-46C2-B454-42665AF8AE21.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #3,099 of 4,749
Got my Noir cables for my Meze 99 Classics and Audeze LCD-2, both 1.5m long with 4.4mm balanced connections to be used with my Fiio M11 Pro. I've had a Noir Hybrid single ended cable for my LCD-2 for several years, but I haven't been using it much. Getting these two cables was like getting hugged by an old friend after several years. It's so nice to have cables with ZERO microphonics and such amazing comfort. The Fiio M11 Pro is an incredible device and both of my headphones sound fantastic with it. Really enjoying the sound of the Noir cable over the Noir Hybrid, personally. It's such a beautiful and lush sound, while still being super detailed.

Only regret is I probably should have ordered 1.2m cables instead of 1.5m, but the extra length really isn't a problem since the cable is so darn comfortable, I just have a little extra of it stuffed in my pocket when walking.

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #3,100 of 4,749
Only regret is I probably should have ordered 1.2m cables instead of 1.5m, but the extra length really isn't a problem since the cable is so darn comfortable, I just have a little extra of it stuffed in my pocket when walking.

I thought so too with my 1.5m cables, but actually that extra bit comes in handy when you lean back, etc. You will likely see the value of it the more you use the cables.

Enjoy.

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3,101 of 4,749
I thought so too with my 1.5m cables, but actually that extra bit comes in handy when you lean back, etc. You will likely see the value of it the more you use the cables.

Enjoy.
I think you're already right. I use the M11 Pro at my desk most of the time and the extra length is actually quite nice so far for that. Cheers!

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #3,103 of 4,749
forza.jpg

I bought a Noir Hybrid HPC cable for replacing my original xlr cable of hd800, it's high quality and price is not too high. listening with my hd800, vocal more forward, smoother and clearer, perfect synergy! I'm very happy with this cable, I also bought a otg usb cable for my mobile, it's excellent too, highly recommended!

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,104 of 4,749
thank you matt, beautiful cable arrived :wink: :beyersmile:
Very fine first hearing test, goes exactly in the direction I wanted.

I'm curious how the cable will play out in the next few weeks

0A6CB458-D3E6-46C2-B454-42665AF8AE21.jpeg

Thanks! As for the cable, it can only get better. Personally I never do any auditions before 100 hours mark, just to not question myself whether any extra usage would potentially change anything :)

Also, can I share your post on my FB wall please?

I agree, 1.2m I'd use only for portable, but one never knows when that extra 30cm will come in handy. It's not much per se, but can make a difference in usability, especially in case of desktop setups.

I think you're already right. I use the M11 Pro at my desk most of the time and the extra length is actually quite nice so far for that. Cheers!
:beerchug:

forza.jpg
I bought a Noir Hybrid HPC cable for replacing my original xlr cable of hd800, it's high quality and price is not too high. listening with my hd800, vocal more forward, smoother and clearer, perfect synergy! I'm very happy with this cable, I also bought a otg usb cable for my mobile, it's excellent too, highly recommended!

Thanks and enjoy :) Can I share your post on my FB as well :) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back