Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #2,897 of 4,755
@Matez - do you have a recommended variant of your cables for the ZMF Aeolus? I wasn’t sure between a pure copper vs a hybrid, or does it really not matter that much?

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #2,898 of 4,755
Thanks for your reply.

No problem!

@Matez - do you have a recommended variant of your cables for the ZMF Aeolus? I wasn’t sure between a pure copper vs a hybrid, or does it really not matter that much?

It's not a night and day difference, but audible enough for most of my customers (and me) to care. On that note, I haven't heard those cans, but the rough guideline is simple: if you need more meat, copper is the one to get. If you don't want to add more colour but would like to have everything more open and detailed, then that's hybrid. So in your case it comes down to what your cans and ears would like to have more :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #2,904 of 4,755
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #2,905 of 4,755
Green goes to the right channel, yes. Thanks @Arum16 and @CaptainFantastic :beerchug:

Btw. how do you like the cable so far?
Just dedicated 20min.
Clear improvement with HiBy R5 vs unbalanced output, more spacious more detail. MrSpeakers EFO are not well managed by R5 on unbalanced.
Need more listening times to estimate the overall improvement. The finish is lovely and the flexibility as well - really a worth purchase
Thanks Matt for fast building and shipping.

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #2,906 of 4,755
I've been using Matt's cables for several years with a DAVE and LCD-3s - specifically the Hybrid Noir - it strikes a good balance between authority and clarity with the Audeze cans and suits my listening prefs - well worth a try if you can beg or borrow a cable..... I can't fault the Forza cables for quality - they are incredibly well put together, and I love the flexibility of the fabric wrap on the Noir - easy to handle, doesn't snag and very quiet to handle. Pound for pound (or Euro, or dollar :D) they feel like great value for money.

Jul 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,907 of 4,755
Just dedicated 20min.
Clear improvement with HiBy R5 vs unbalanced output, more spacious more detail. MrSpeakers EFO are not well managed by R5 on unbalanced.
Need more listening times to estimate the overall improvement. The finish is lovely and the flexibility as well - really a worth purchase
Thanks Matt for fast building and shipping.
I've been using Matt's cables for several years with a DAVE and LCD-3s - specifically the Hybrid Noir - it strikes a good balance between authority and clarity with the Audeze cans and suits my listening prefs - well worth a try if you can beg or borrow a cable..... I can't fault the Forza cables for quality - they are incredibly well put together, and I love the flexibility of the fabric wrap on the Noir - easy to handle, doesn't snag and very quiet to handle. Pound for pound (or Euro, or dollar :D) they feel like great value for money.

Thank you very much guys. It's really cool to read something this type f comments after what's been one crazy day full of work. Have a nice weekend!

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,909 of 4,755
I have a set Audeze LCD-XC’s and was wondering what Forza cable would be a good match for them. I would like to retain the details, tighten up the sound and add a little more midrange body.

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #2,910 of 4,755
The Noir HPC will fit it perfectly, i think.
For a little less the Claire HPC works too, if necessary. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back