Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #2,641 of 4,755
I have attempted to reach out to Matez in various ways over the past month or so and have yet to receive a reply. As much as his company's cables DO indeed seem very high quality and look fantastic; and a new/upgraded headphone cable is one of the last mods my "mid-fi" setup needs, I may have to place this on a back burner for a while and wait for him to respond instead.

His Black Friday sale (which, I sadly just missed out on seeing) this coming year may be a better time both for his schedule and price-wise.

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #2,642 of 4,755
@Kevwheez

All I can say is that own 5 FAW cables and all my communication with Matt (regarding optimal connectors, adapters, etc.) before and after the orders in 2018 and 2019 has been smooth. This was also the case with the very first order, so it is not like I got special treatment as a return customer.

The longest wait for a response was some 3-4 days when he was at an audio show. Are you sure you are using this e-mail address:
matthew@forzaaudioworks.com ?

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #2,643 of 4,755
CaptainFantastic,

I completely agree; yeah, I used that address from the previous page when a couple other folks had said they hadn't heard from him about their orders (I assume he has been crazy busy due to the Holiday sale, etc.) As I said, I also sent him PMs via this site as well as on his Facebook site - no dice thus far; odd.

They do seem like REALLY nice cables and pretty well priced from the outstanding reviews I've seen.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #2,644 of 4,755
CaptainFantastic,

I completely agree; yeah, I used that address from the previous page when a couple other folks had said they hadn't heard from him about their orders (I assume he has been crazy busy due to the Holiday sale, etc.) As I said, I also sent him PMs via this site as well as on his Facebook site - no dice thus far; odd.

They do seem like REALLY nice cables and pretty well priced from the outstanding reviews I've seen.
i sent a mail to matthew and i have ordered my cable 13th of december and received today. this is my 3 order. it is true that he responds strictly necessary but, every time, i had no problems

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #2,645 of 4,755
Yes, many of us need a break after the Christmas break. :) If I were you I would do this, just because 11 months is a LONG time to wait to replace a boring cable with a very nice one (aesthetically, ergonomically, build quality, sound). It sounds like you can't just place the order on the website because you have questions before? Like you want to customize something? There is a comment field in the order process, but yes, I too had to discuss a couple of things by e-mail first. So I would do this:

Send another e-mail just in case with clear questions. Get your answer and order a cable (personally I like the Claire and Noir - Hybrid for my warmer headphones and Mk2 for the more neutral; the Claire is so much more interesting than the Copper Series, worth the extra money). Get the cable, see how you like it and then order more at the end of the year if you catch the sale. :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2,646 of 4,755
i sent a mail to matthew and i have ordered my cable 13th of december and received today. this is my 3 order. it is true that he responds strictly necessary but, every time, i had no problems

Well, given your and CaptainFantastic's experience, Matthew DOES in fact seem to reply to some (most?) folks quickly; it just hasn't been my experience yet. I will wait and see what/when I hear from him - unless you would like to be my "go-between"? :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Kev

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #2,647 of 4,755
Yes, many of us need a break after the Christmas break. :) If I were you I would do this, just because 11 months is a LONG time to wait to replace a boring cable with a very nice one (aesthetically, ergonomically, build quality, sound). It sounds like you can't just place the order on the website because you have questions before? Like you want to customize something? There is a comment field in the order process, but yes, I too had to discuss a couple of things by e-mail first. So I would do this:

Send another e-mail just in case with clear questions. Get your answer and order a cable (personally I like the Claire and Noir - Hybrid for my warmer headphones and Mk2 for the more neutral; the Claire is so much more interesting than the Copper Series, worth the extra money). Get the cable, see how you like it and then order more at the end of the year if you catch the sale. :)

Agree on all points, Captain; I was indeed quite taken with his Noir HPC Mk2 cable - gorgeous! And yes, I had originally wondered if he might have had a similar sale nearer the Xmas holiday like his Black Friday one (as it would save me quite a bit!), but I will continue to check in with him - even having difficulty getting a hold of him, his cables seem like some of the very best out there, and the reviews are basically flawless!

I appreciate your helpful advice!

Cheers,
Kev

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #2,648 of 4,755
Well, given your and CaptainFantastic's experience, Matthew DOES in fact seem to reply to some (most?) folks quickly; it just hasn't been my experience yet. I will wait and see what/when I hear from him - unless you would like to be my "go-between"? :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Kev
Send a mail every day :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,650 of 4,755
I have attempted to reach out to Matez in various ways over the past month or so and have yet to receive a reply. As much as his company's cables DO indeed seem very high quality and look fantastic; and a new/upgraded headphone cable is one of the last mods my "mid-fi" setup needs, I may have to place this on a back burner for a while and wait for him to respond instead.

Gosh, that's a LONG period of time! I have my cable ordered at 12th of Decemmer and he told me the last Friday that it's ready and should be sent the same day but no change of status of order and still no confirmation e-mail with some tracking information despite my 2 emails asking that.

I don't have a reason to have doubts about product quality but the service is not what I expect from premium priced brand, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,651 of 4,755
I know you.
But tbh, his pricing isn't "premium" at all.

Look at some other brands you've to spend much as twice the price. :wink:
It's a little company with what? One employee? Don't know exactly.

So for that, he did all very well, imo.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2,652 of 4,755
I know you.
But tbh, his pricing isn't "premium" at all.

Look at some other brands you've to spend much as twice the price. :wink:
It's a little company with what? One employee? Don't know exactly.

So for that, he did all very well, imo.

I kind of agree with this; one of the reasons I was drawn to the FAW cables is that they ARE quite reasonably priced for what they seemingly offer compared to other companies stuff I've seen. One of the reasons I will continue to bide my time and hope to hook up with Matthew soon (and yeah, given it seems he's nearly a "one-man shop", a delay of some kind isn't all that upsetting to me):slight_smile:

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2,653 of 4,755
20200108_151338.jpg 20200108_165931.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #2,654 of 4,755
I kind of agree with this; one of the reasons I was drawn to the FAW cables is that they ARE quite reasonably priced for what they seemingly offer compared to other companies stuff I've seen. One of the reasons I will continue to bide my time and hope to hook up with Matthew soon (and yeah, given it seems he's nearly a "one-man shop", a delay of some kind isn't all that upsetting to me):slight_smile:

Kev, can you resend me the email - I will for sure answer it today and deal with your case personally. Sometimes indeed there may be some delays with answering, but nothing more than few days tops. Anyway these things sometimes happen in almost all one-man companies (actually three man in our case :) ), since sometimes there are like million of things to do at once. Sorry for that in advance!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 8, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #2,655 of 4,755
Kev, can you resend me the email - I will for sure answer it today and deal with your case personally. Sometimes indeed there may be some delays with answering, but nothing more than few days tops. Anyway these things sometimes happen in almost all one-man companies (actually three man in our case :) ), since sometimes there are like million of things to do at once. Sorry for that in advance!

Excellent, Matez - I will indeed; many thanks!

Cheers,
Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back