Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #2,821 of 4,804
Well my Noir Hybrid cable arrived today, just 8 days from initial order, Thanks Matt!. It's beautifully made, nice and flexible, certainly feels like a premium cable. All I have to do now is burn it in!.
20200421_101849[880].jpg20200421_104233[882].jpg

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #2,822 of 4,804
Well my Noir Hybrid cable arrived today, just 8 days from initial order, Thanks Matt!. It's beautifully made, nice and flexible, certainly feels like a premium cable. All I have to do now is burn it in!.
20200421_101849[880].jpg20200421_104233[882].jpg
Curios to hear how it'll affect your lsitening. :wink:

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #2,823 of 4,804
Yes me too. I'll be using it with my Beyer T1 2nd gen, up till now I've been using the stock cable. It's terminated with a 4 pin xlr so I can use it on my Jotunheim, plus a single ended adapter for use in my Feliks Audio Elise and Euforia tube amps . Will update in few days once it's had a few 10's of hours of burn in.

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #2,824 of 4,804
Make sure you're comparing the stock cable with the Noir extender.
That'll be more suitable than stock cable with a balanced connection. :wink:
In my opinion, of course. :)
I know the T1.2 with stock cable and BD xlr cable very well.

But my R28 plays the bigger part on that bc it was build with balanced all the way in mind.
That means it sounds better out of the xlr than the 6.3 se connection.
Sadly i couldn't take a listen on another amp with se and xlr output for a fair comparison.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #2,825 of 4,804
Hybrid series HPC sound versus Noir HPC MK2?
I have noir hpc mk2 my main system and like it a lot.
Now i'm thinking to hybrid series hpc for portable set. Stellias and iPhone 11 pro max with Apples lightning to 3,5mm adapter.
Just tested copper series mk2 and it's okay with iphone but it is 3 metres long. :D
Hybrid series hpc could be nice at 1,25m. Noir hpc mk2 could be little "heavy" for portable set? Though it sounds magical..

Apr 21, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #2,826 of 4,804
Hybrid series HPC sound versus Noir HPC MK2?
I have noir hpc mk2 my main system and like it a lot.
Now i'm thinking to hybrid series hpc for portable set. Stellias and iPhone 11 pro max with Apples lightning to 3,5mm adapter.
Just tested copper series mk2 and it's okay with iphone but it is 3 metres long. :D
Hybrid series hpc could be nice at 1,25m. Noir hpc mk2 could be little "heavy" for portable set? Though it sounds magical..
I'd recommend the Noir HPC MK2 for the Stellia.
Hybrid gonna be too much in the highs with the Stellia, i think.
Got the Noir Hybrid for my Era-1 bc it's more mid focused headphone by nature and the Hybrid do itensify the bottom and top by a bit.
Of course, ymmv. :wink:

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #2,827 of 4,804
Make sure you're comparing the stock cable with the Noir extender.
That'll be more suitable than stock cable with a balanced connection. :wink:
In my opinion, of course. :)
I know the T1.2 with stock cable and BD xlr cable very well.

But my R28 plays the bigger part on that bc it was build with balanced all the way in mind.
That means it sounds better out of the xlr than the 6.3 se connection.
Sadly i couldn't take a listen on another amp with se and xlr output for a fair comparison.
Yes that's exactly what I'm doing, I'll be using the extender until 100 hours are up.

Apr 22, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #2,828 of 4,804

Thanks and enjoy (after the burn-in stage OFC)!

Can I use your photos on my FB please?

It should improve the experience :L3000:

Will update in few days once it's had a few 10's of hours of burn in.

Yup, please do, it's always interesting what people find. Even though it's a subjective thing, there is a pattern!

Hybrid gonna be too much in the highs with the Stellia, i think.

It might be, but it depends also on a setup before Stella. If they're set to favor precision, then yes. If they play in chunky setups with highs in check, then it might be OK.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,831 of 4,804
Just received my order;
Good job on the eco friendly packaging and i love the pouch too!

I still have to experiment with the cable but initial impressions are good! Quality wise definitely an upgrade above stock. This is the Hybrid ones in transparant black and the first thing i've noticed is the change in top end.

Well done guys :).

IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #2,832 of 4,804
Just received my order;

I still have to experiment with the cable but initial impressions are good! Quality wise definitely an upgrade above stock. This is the Hybrid ones in transparant black and the first thing i've noticed is the change in top end.

IMG_0658.jpgIMG_0659.jpg
Looks nice, except the lenght of the plug on the PM-3.

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #2,834 of 4,804
Just received my order;

IMG_0658.jpgIMG_0659.jpg
my pm-3 improves a lot with faw cable. i want this colour. only received older colour

Apr 29, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,835 of 4,804
Yes i have to agree that it's not perfectly flush like the stock cable :/.
I assume there aren't many plugs like that around and concessions have to be made ( i did pick the specific Oppo PM3 option).
Yeah, it looks like.
Maybe a shorter plug would be better to the look.
Like the one on my custom can cable for the PM-3.
Anyway, the main thing is that the FAW is a high quality, good sounding and reasonable priced cable. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back