Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,775 of 4,755
How could anyone differentiate between the Noir Hybrid HPC and the Noir HPC MKII? Is there any visual or cosmetic difference between the two?

Thanks.
It is written in green letters on the Forza site:

NEW! All new orders will be upgraded free of charge to new hybrid wires with hand woven damping core made of Java cotton for improved bass definition and focused high frequencies.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #1,776 of 4,755
I don't think the damping core has any influence on the visual appearance of the cable.

I own both cables, the Noir HPC MkII and Noir Hybrid HPC, and to me they look identical. I can tell mine apart because I chose different plugs :wink:

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,777 of 4,755
I don't think the damping core has any influence on the visual appearance of the cable.

I own both cables, the Noir HPC MkII and Noir Hybrid HPC, and to me they look identical. I can tell mine apart because I chose different plugs :wink:

Yes. My question was about that issue. I Have located a second hand cable but, how could I know if someone is selling me the Hybrid HPC or just the Noir HPC?

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,778 of 4,755
Yes. My question was about that issue. I Have located a second hand cable but, how could I know if someone is selling me the Hybrid HPC or just the Noir HPC?

There is a warranty card that comes with every FAW cable, stating the type of cable, serial number and date of purchase, as you can see from the pictures in this thread. That's how you're going to tell which cable you're buying.
If your seller doesn't have the card anymore, then I guess you'll just have to rely on trust.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,779 of 4,755

Do you use both cables with the same HP? If so, could you elaborate the differences in SQ between them?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #1,780 of 4,755
Do you use both cables with the same HP? If so, could you elaborate the differences in SQ between them?

Thanks!

No sorry my Noir MkII is single ended (6.3mm) with mini-xlr connectors for Audeze, etc. while my Noir Hybrid is balanced (4-pin XLR) with 2.5mm connectors for Oppo, Hifiman, etc. so I cannot comment on their sonic differences.
Hope somebody else can answer your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back