Forum stuff that makes you laugh
Dec 2, 2008 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

dclancy

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry, but after reading a few old threads, I had to ask... What are the most ridiculous thread moments?
I'll start with the smugness factor. When someone (let's not name names) has to matter-of-factly end their post with their names, like they're having the last word in the arguement.
I find it the forum version of "You've been served!" or dropping the drumstick ala Drumline.

Yeah What's Up Now!
-Clancy

P.S. I mean this in fun and jest. Not trying to flame or get personal here.

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 18
The mere existence of a forum where people discuss headphones and all the appurtenances fitting thereto is laughable.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 18
Being told that I need $10,000.00 wires to hear every last detail out of my $62.00 speakers. I did say speakers so that is the price for three. Two satellites + subwoofer.

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/ne...rinding-93023/

Ahaha, I only read the first page, and it's priceless already.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 words... google, search, lewislink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Search > Advanced search > Search by user name > scrypt

No, see, those two differ by a lot; one is obnoxious, the other is painfully thought-provoking.
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone mentioned pretzels and Churros yet?

I've been eating churros lately because people here couldn't stop mentioning that poll.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #13 of 18
merton

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thread was indeed funny and depressing at the same time!

It's depressing because it took 68 posts before someone actually gave him some good advice:

"it is my belief that a headphone cannot reproduce bass properly. proper bass should be felt in your gut and no headphone can do that."

Someone makes a post about feeling the bass, my first thought is to forget headphones altogether or at least de-prioritise them (i.e. keep the skullcandies and invest in a killer speaker setup).

imageug9.jpg

EK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back