Forum Software Update
Apr 18, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #16 of 48
you the man neil!

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
By the way, look near the top-right of the page for a "Display Modes" button. Click on it, and select hybrid mode. Has a threaded view at the top, as well as the view we're used to.

I'm still new to this, too, everyone. We'll try to make it feel more like home over the next several days.

Finally, a threaded-mode message board! I definately like this, as that is my favorite part about Usenet and email discussions is threaded discussions. It seems this feature is only in complete portal site software, like Slashcode and Drupal (which I use for my own site). But I don't get how it figures out how to thread things, there is no reply button beneath individual posts like I would expect but it somehow threads things anyway. How does this work?

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #18 of 48
Great job guys
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
PLEASE get us back to the old look ASAP!
smily_headphones1.gif

Not to be rude, but I too know the difficulties of getting everything working nicely on a vbulletin board. Give the man some time!

We love your service jude.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #20 of 48
Yikes! This new color needs to go!!! I won't pass anymore judgements... YET!
biggrin.gif
Are you guys going to keep any of the new features or will we be returning back to the old head-fi (which I like, though I'm not competely opposed to change)?

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #21 of 48
Great job getting it back online so fast!

Oh I don't know, a new look might be just the thing to kick off the new system. It looks less 'utilitarian' than before.

I hope the 'view new post' link will be back. That was a very convenient function on the previous forum. I like the Private messages notification's position on the top.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #22 of 48
thanks for working so hard to improve the forum.

i personally like the new color. but i am not sure about the layout with the picture icons abve the message, instead of on the side. it takes up a lot more space, vertically speaking...which is not as cool as the old style. but for me, any improvements in the speed would beat all other changes.

but i definitely dig some of the new features, thanks!

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #24 of 48
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by ch1nkster
o wow this forum is looking awesome + much faster than before! great job jude and the other admins

[/size]At this point, Neil's doing all the work. I'm just learning about this new version at the same time you all are.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
At this point, Neil's doing all the work. I'm just learning about this new version at the same time you all are.

Oh yea, and let neil know that the quick reply hack is uber awesome and should be added. Ive done some vb hacking, so if you all need help
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #27 of 48
Whoa!! What a difference!!

Thanks to Neil for all the work in putting this up.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Neil,
Thanks for all the hard works man. Really appreicate it.

Ditto, thanks Neil.

This look scared the crap out of me for a minute when I arrived. I trust that they'll be able to replicate the old look pretty well though, so no worries here.

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #30 of 48
It's great you guys got it working fast. That's important. Looks can come later. I've worked on vBulletin before.

BTW, what's the specs on the current servers and the new ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back