Forum Software Update
Apr 18, 2004 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48
As you can see, the forum software (vBulletin) has been updated. The appearance is obviously different at this time. We will fix it up in the coming days.

There are some new features and views in this version I think you'll all enjoy.

Best Regards,
Jude

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 48
Holy headphones it looks like an entirely different website!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 48
Jude,
Feeling kindda out of place with this new look. Thanks again for all of the hard works you have made.
BTW, will I get my "Headphone Supremus" status back?
Purk

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 48
Site is speedier when browsing.

VBulletin change is nice as well.

Thanks for all the work ..
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 48
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Jude,
Feeling kindda out of place with this new look. Thanks again for all of the hard works you have made.

Purk

[/size]Feelin' out of place? You and me both, man!

Thank Neil -- he's bustin' his butt trying to make this thing work this weekend. We're on a bad setup right now, and our new rack is not ready to be moved into yet.

We'll get it goin'.

Again, we'll be working on the appearance in the coming days, but we want to get it working well first.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 48
By the way, look near the top-right of the page for a "Display Modes" button. Click on it, and select hybrid mode. Has a threaded view at the top, as well as the view we're used to.

I'm still new to this, too, everyone. We'll try to make it feel more like home over the next several days.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 48
good to know im not going crazy
icon10.gif

thanks for all your work!

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #10 of 48
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
....However, some of the features (like displaying the avatar above a post, as opposed to the side) seem not to be gear toward maximum readability/efficiency

[/size]Again, we'll figure things out.

Right now, I'm just about as lost as you all.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #12 of 48
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
Site seems alot faster
smily_headphones1.gif

[/size]Could be because not everyone is on yet. We're not on the good hardware or in the new rack yet, but I'm curious to see how this new vBulletin version works on the stuff we've been on for the last couple months.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #13 of 48
This isn't Head-Fi's new look. We just have to work to get back to the old look. The code changes from the previous version to this new version were significant. So, we'll have the old templates up and ready as soon as, well, they're done.
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #15 of 48
Neil,
Thanks for all the hard works man. Really appreicate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back