FORUM SEARCHES
Jun 27, 2001 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Steril

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I would like to share a little problem I just have with this forum:

When I tried to make a search in the forums on the query "Sennheiser HD 25", the search engine showed me the following message:

The search term you specified (hd) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

so i supprimed the "HD", then I got this message:

The search term you specified (25) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

So how can I make a search in the forums if it doesn't accept 'words' of less than 3 letters or numbers. Maybe it's a little bug that can easily be fixed...

Jun 27, 2001 at 8:35 AM Post #4 of 13
Ok, this problem of length seems to be resolved,

Now there is another problem:

try to make a search on

"Sennheiser HD 580"

The search engine will respond "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms".

By the way, I checked in the reviews forum, and there is a thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=&threadid=208) where this expression comes back. So I would think the search engine doesn't work at all…
It's not really a problem now (the forums aren't very vast), but with the time…

Jun 27, 2001 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 13
I know, I was about to ask you to try again.

I'm going to figure this out. Though the search engine here doesn't use any of my company's search technologies, I am pretty good about understanding these things.

What I did was went into that thread, edited the post (but didn't do anything but hit save). Then it was indexed properly. What I want to know is if that thread was moved or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back