Fort Myers Meet on 2/27/2010
Mar 1, 2010 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
Ron (HiFlight) hosted a meet at the Royal Palm Yacht Club in Fort Myers. A beautiful place with lots of amenities including outstanding views of the water and the marina. The modest cost of $15 included lunch consisting of all you could eat soup, salad, sandwich buffet, and COOKIES! Yes, I ate a lot of them.
biggrin.gif

Driving to Fort Myers from Miami Beach was a breeze and took us (my wife went) a lot less time than I expected. Of course no trip is without glitches and her car gave us an scare when a few idiot lights came on. Luckily the internet came to the rescue and I was able to correct the situation after a proper search for information and tools.
wink.gif

I have not had a lot of time to put together my thoughts but I can speak of the K1000 of which we had three examples. To my ears the oldest model (S/N in the 1XXX) were the best sounding of the three, it had the most bass impact, widest soundstage, and sounded the clearest. The highest S/N was 6375 and it was the most diffused of the three and the one I would use if I just wanted to get lost in the music and not worry about details. It was very musical and melodious.

I can also say that the HE60 did sound very good but I was the only one which preferred a pair of Sigma over them. I guess I continue to proof my weirdness!
icon10.gif
Regardless of how good any of the three Stax sounded I still prefer the K1000 sound.
popcorn.gif

I will try to put more comparisons in the next couple of days. Meanwhile I leave you with a few pictures. The first set is of downtown Fort Myers which is a much nicer place than I thought. The second set is of the venue at the Marina, I hope that Ron can host another event in the second half of July since it is wonderful size room with a very accommodating staff.

Please click on the pics below to see the slide show. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back