Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #3,841 of 3,854
I'm only speaking about sidewall to sidewall. I know the cars are designed for light weight and safety (disintegrating) but it always bothers me how little contact it takes to damage them. I keep wishing they were all as robust as (I recall) the 2009 Brawn GP chassis being.

Yeah, Nico turned in even later than Max did.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #3,842 of 3,854
So weird another f1 race that was actually worth watching. To bad Bottas got screwed or we would have a fight in the top as well.

Vettel drives like last year at red bull wonder if he already lost the contract at Ferrari. They do everything wrong will loose constructors to red bull if they continue. If just Gasly can find pace.

Nice to see leclerc getting his horns out. But he dont appear to be a very good racer he dont set up his car well and pick strange overtaking spots.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #3,844 of 3,854
Have you raced at silverstone? I have done many races and he failed totally to set him up for overtaking at the natural spots. Look at Hamilton instead he did it right

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #3,846 of 3,854
Well its essentially the same overtaking mechanics as with gts or other cars with some kind of downforce. His unorthodox move on gasly was great though did catch him napping.

Hardly ever see that :)

Dec 1, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #3,848 of 3,854
LEWIS HAS COVID-19 !!!!! :triportsad:

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #3,849 of 3,854
Havent posted in this thread in a while.

Will be interesting to see who the replacement is. Im sure Merc’s got their reserve drivers in place but whoever gets to drive that W11 will be one lucky lad.

That said, if Merc want, I’m free. I’ll even pay for my own ticket there :)

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #3,850 of 3,854
Havent posted in this thread in a while.

Will be interesting to see who the replacement is. Im sure Merc’s got their reserve drivers in place but whoever gets to drive that W11 will be one lucky lad.

That said, if Merc want, I’m free. I’ll even pay for my own ticket there :)

LOL!!!! that's probably a $8K flight one way... Let's see if Bottas can keep 2nd place in the championship... Max smells blood...
Gutierrez & Vandoorne are the official Reserve drivers but Hulk might Smash!!! :thinking:

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #3,852 of 3,854
So, crazy 2 weeks in Bahrain between the Grosjean crash that probably would have decapitated him at least as recently as 2017, and
Sergio Perez getting his first win this weekend...

It was everything you could have hoped and wished for on so many different levels...:gs1000smile:

Mar 20, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #3,853 of 3,854
Crazy how this thread died. Head-fi totally lost interest in formula one? Last year we got an epic battle for the championship with two different teams something you aren´t really spoiled with in formula one. Last race corrupted though which was a shame.

First race Ferrari of all cars on top. Long time ago. I do suspect Red Bull probably have better race pace though but who knows. With the new regulations it´s all still very unclear. Williams will be consistantly at the bottom is the only thing I dare to predict.

Most interesting is if they actually succeed with making it less punishing follow a cars wake.

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #3,854 of 3,854
What a desert what on earth happened to Head-fi? I have been away for some years only following the best looking people thread :p

Season has started better then ever. Never seen so much fight back in F1 in a long long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back