1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)

First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last
  1. Hutnicks
    Max problem was with a new engine so he gets a free change as it was an unscheduled motor in test for Renault apparently. Tomorrow will be telling, that elevation may just make merc's qualifying mode all the more potent.

On the dvr thing a good tuner card on your pc goes a long ways to make recording shows easier and reliable. As long as the cable feed is there there should be no issues.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. gr8soundz
    With Alonso's luck (i.e. bad decisions), after he leaves, Mclaren with be a top 3 team with their new engines.

I'd like to see Di Resta in the Williams but no idea why Massa is fighting to stay after retiring last year.

3. Hutnicks
    That or that Honda motor comes to life and Toro Rosso winds up in the top 4 next year.

No idea what goes on in Massa's head. Perhaps he did not put anything away during his career at Ferrari:)

4. jimmers
    I only
    had local free to air for the last two races, screening late Monday night and just one hour "highlights", minus 5 minutes BS before the start and 15 minutes at the end for the podium etc. :frowning2:
    so 44 minutes minus ad breaks, so 30 minutes of coverage, a significant proportion of which was replays.
    Wouldn't have cared if MY DVR wasn't working.

We used to get live coverage on all races until our "home of motor racing" sold the guts of it to Fox.

5. Hutnicks
  6. oqvist
    That is why I never watch f1 live. Can´t deal with commercials. Or the cost to run streaming services without :p

7. jimmers
    When we do get live FTA coverage ( half-a-dozen races this year and possibly only one in 2018) I let the recording run for 30 minutes and then start watching it (chase play), that way I can skip all the ads and arrive at the end live :)

(well that's the theory)

European races I follow on F1 or Autosport live timing and commentary - not the same but better than SFA.

8. Hutnicks
    Well that was a race to watch.

If Teflonso is correct in his assertion that the Mac is the best chassis out there then next year could well be a delight with 4 teams vying for podiums and perhaps even a fifth in the mix as a spoiler. It will become a reliability game for the teams .

9. Roen
    Macca vers Bulls for WCC
    Merc to drop to 4th.

10. Muinarc
    *yawn* the top 4 cars each with a 20+ second gap between them? Yeah that's exciting. I hope they can get some rule changes across in the off season, no wings and skinny tires!

11. gr8soundz
    Yeah, aside from reliability, aero is the problem. Race pace doesn't matter when the faster cars are stuck behind in dirty air. Just think how bad the race would've been without DRS.

Anyway, good race. Glad to see Max get the win. Perhaps Red Bull should've kept Kvyat around a bit longer so they can keep demoting him to help Max. Hard to argue with 3 for 3.

Still waiting to see onboard footage from Bottas after the start. Looks to me like Vettel aimed for Ham's tire. Not sure he needed to overcorrect twice and Bottas' cam might show it.

12. Hutnicks
    I think Vettel's desperation was showing there and it would be a hard call as to racing incident, or intentioned mayhem.

Max did well even though he was "coasting" way to rub it in kid:)

The aero thing still intrigues me. If the FIA had any cohones they would mandate that the car only create a wake for two meters behind it. Put the aerodynamacists to work and alter the whole game in one shot. Still I suppose teams would whine more about the costs involved.

13. gr8soundz
    True. Even the stewards quickly said incident was 'noted' and no investigation needed. But we forget how fast F1 drivers can think (even at race pace). Vettel knew he had an opportunity there with nothing to lose since it was game over if Ham finished anywhere ahead of him. If not for all the room Ham gave him (nearly a car width) and Vettel's 2nd twist of the wheel to the left, I'd call just a racing incident too. Either way, doesn't really matter now; championship finished for Merc and Ferrari.

14. Roen
    When was the last time someone made contact with the front wing and didn't lose part of it while giving the lead driver a puncture?

15. oqvist
    Not surprised to see the Vettel crashing Hamilton deliberately conspiration theories going again. For sure he was going to fight for it. He fought Max hard for sure as well. Would it make sense to not put up a fight and lay flat. Doubt he was aiming for the tire and to destroy his front wing even further :p. Nothing in the replays suggested that. Massas move on Vettel looked really suspicious though. There you can see he steer to the right heavy again like he hadn´t pushed Vettel out far enough already :D

Fun race watching the mid field. I love the production they focused absolutely zero on the front runners. In the old days you would see they following the number one the entire race and not follow any actual battles on track. Overall the dirty air played well with Vettel and Hamilton in the back. They really had to work their way up. Hamilton failing like absolutely crazy. If it was just the dirty air or some damage. Hard to say Bottas had help by blue flags :)

First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last