Former Sennheiser engineer Axel Grell made a $200 pair of ANC true wireless earbuds - the TWS/1
Dec 16, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #241 of 494
Interesting, perhaps the Drop + Grell TWS1x update is linked correctly and the grell audio TWS/1 firmware isn’t. Noted!
That's a possibility, though the SoundID app wouldn't even connect if I said it was the Grell Audio one.
What do you mean?
The Sound ID app or another?
How to upgrade without choose the Grell version?
Specifically with the SoundID app, there are two headphones listed the Grell and the Drop. I had to select the Drop.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #242 of 494
That's a possibility, though the SoundID app wouldn't even connect if I said it was the Grell Audio one.

Specifically with the SoundID app, there are two headphones listed the Grell and the Drop. I had to select the Drop.
Same here. Had to select Drop. Grell didn't work.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #243 of 494

And @erockg
Yes, but the question I have, do you guys have the Drop TWS1X or the grell audio TWS/1? Did you buy yours on Drop?

Dec 16, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #245 of 494
Dec 16, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #246 of 494
And @erockg
Yes, but the question I have, do you guys have the Drop TWS1X or the grell audio TWS/1? Did you buy yours on Drop?
I got the Drop version. I originally tried connecting to Grell since I looked it up in the search with Grell, then realized there was both Drop and Grell.
I have selected the Drop version and still getting the connection error.
The strange is that I can calibrate the sound....
Did you buy from Drop or Grell?

Dec 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #247 of 494
I got the Drop version. I originally tried connecting to Grell since I looked it up in the search with Grell, then realized there was both Drop and Grell.

Did you buy from Drop or Grell?
From Drop but it is an earlier unit so guys you better ignore my comments until I find out what is exactly happening.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #249 of 494
I'm having major issues with the touch controls... Anyone else?

The swipe gestures works pretty much flawlessy, but the rest...
The MP unit I have on hand doesn't have this issue but have heard it from a few people. I just got off the phone with Axel and he is working with the manufacturer on a quick over the air firmware update to crank up the sensitivity for the touch controls. Should have that up and running in the next couple of days.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #250 of 494
I suspect there is something very unique going on with the touchpad hardware or software that isn't purely a sensitivity issue. I don't have my set anymore, but out of the box swipe gestures worked perfectly but I couldn't get a tap to register to save my life. I wiped them down and then let the buds play music for about 30min while tapping incessantly on them and miraculously tapping started working consistently. This held up even the next day. Something I did (or the device hardware or software did to get out of a "bad state"), likely permanently fixed the issue. That would also help explain why QA/QC might not have caught this

Dec 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #251 of 494
I'm having major issues with the touch controls... Anyone else?

The swipe gestures works pretty much flawlessy, but the rest...
I found that the touch controls seem to go to "sleep" randomly. They'll respond to a double tap then start working properly again until they "sleep" again. It's an odd bug.

Dec 17, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #253 of 494
I found that the touch controls seem to go to "sleep" randomly. They'll respond to a double tap then start working properly again until they "sleep" again. It's an odd bug.
Interesting observation! We’ll have a look to see if we can replicate that, and if there is anything in software to cause it.

The Soundstage seems pretty wide for a TWS tho! :)
It’s not easy to do, but we spent two years developing the sound of this product! Thank you for the compliment :)

Dec 17, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #254 of 494
I have some issues with "Sound ID "that crashes almost immediately...going to
leave the beta program and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #255 of 494
I have some issues with sound live that crashes almost immediately...going to
leave the beta program and see how it goes.
Beta or no beta, it s the grell tws1 that makes the app crash and now i am stuck...going to email them for a solution (bought directly from Grell website nor Drops)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back