Former Sennheiser engineer Axel Grell made a $200 pair of ANC true wireless earbuds - the TWS/1
Nov 11, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #106 of 494
Wait, are you asking for a smoothed graph or a compensated graph (these are two very different things)? I have no clue what a real compensated graph is, could you elaborate?

My mistake, I'm sorry. You are correct, what I always wanting is the compensated graph not the smoothed graph.

Nov 12, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #107 of 494
My mistake, I'm sorry. You are correct, what I always wanting is the compensated graph not the smoothed graph.
I used AutoEQ to create some Harman in-ear 2019v2 compensation graphs based on Axel's raw data graphs. Maybe this is what you're looking for?

1. GA TWS-1 ANC Off

Custom GA TWS-1 ANC Off.png

2. GA TWS-1 ANC On

Custom GA TWS-1 ANC On.png

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #108 of 494
I used AutoEQ to create some Harman in-ear 2019v2 compensation graphs based on Axel's raw data graphs. Maybe this is what you're looking for?

1. GA TWS-1 ANC Off

2. GA TWS-1 ANC On

Yes, this is what I'm thinking about all this time. Thank you.

If your compensated graph is close with correct representation, and I'm interpreting correctly your results, then this IEM is looking like having (very) good sound. And if is true that ANC is very good (like Apple APP) and the results are close to correct, ANC on or off isn't making noticeable difference in sound.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #109 of 494
That's why I said you would come to the conclusion that he would have to use SoundID to tune the TWS-1 to his preference. From the preview it is obvious he didn't download the SoundID app to setup personalized settings or to use SoundID's built in PEQ. Maybe in a future video he will do these things and will be more positive.

Since none of us normal consumers have these IEMs in our hands yet we're kind of at the mercy of such previews. It would have been nice if they were more thorough in fine tuning the TWS-1 with SoundID app for an apples to apples comparison.
While I really enjoy the earfun free pro with Oluv latest tuning which he made it for his patreon group only, he keep saying the Grell TWS1 is having this weird peak frequency issue and not as smooth as he hoped all. He talked in absolute manner like every single audiophile gear is trash except his tuned 50 dollar ear bud, but then again he is using hd600 as his tuning reference which is the irony. I do agree in audiophile world there is a lot of junk and over price gear but he talked like all company is out there to scam you and no one knows what is a neutral and natural sound anymore is really concerning. He do really sound like Hitler in his patreon group lmao. I will buy TWS1 because I really love the HD650 and I want to see what is this weird peak frequency Oluv keep blabbing about

Nov 14, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #110 of 494
Wanted to add a bit further info here, you guys hit most of the main points. The reviews have been slow coming out mainly because we want to wait for the product to be fully finalized before they review them and that includes them having the SoundID app with the full link to the product. Even though the app is ready they are still working on adding all our detailed info and finalizing the embedded link between the app and our product.

On the production side of things, MP has started and we will start to ship quantity out from our factory in about 7 days and then out to customers a couple of days later. And we definitely plan to sell products for many years to come, Axel has mapped out an amazing roadmap that we want to develop with the community that we build around the brand. So start to involve early supporters and get their feedback throughout the process.

Will IOS and android user have a different hearing experience when using TWS-1? IOS only allows AAC and SBC, while android get all this aptx, aptx-hd fancy stuff. My only issue with SONY XM4 earbud is the AAC implementation is really bad, it sound so bad on IOS device while it is amazing on android. I just want to know if Grell Audio put an effort for the IOS side of things?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #111 of 494
Will IOS and android user have a different hearing experience when using TWS-1? IOS only allows AAC and SBC, while android get all this aptx, aptx-hd fancy stuff. My only issue with SONY XM4 earbud is the AAC implementation is really bad, it sound so bad on IOS device while it is amazing on android. I just want to know if Grell Audio put an effort for the IOS side of things?
Hi Headpower,
you are right, for IOS it is only AAC and SBC. The AAC codec used with an iPhone sounds better to me than the same song with an AAC codec from an Android phone. I hope Apple will come with something better than AAC in the future.

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #115 of 494
While I really enjoy the earfun free pro with Oluv latest tuning which he made it for his patreon group only, he keep saying the Grell TWS1 is having this weird peak frequency issue and not as smooth as he hoped all.
I will buy TWS1 because I really love the HD650 and I want to see what is this weird peak frequency Oluv keep blabbing about
Of significance to this topic on peaks and such, the grell TWS/1 will have integration with Sonarworks' SoundID app... meaning that you can customize the tuning yourself or use a guided listening "quiz" to generate a profile that suits your ears (SoundID is an app for iOS and Android), and then that profile can be saved into the TWS/1 internally so that your preferences are applied no matter what bluetooth source you use! While the inherent acoustic signature was carefully tuned by Axel, we wanted to take full advantage of modern features for digitally-connected users.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #117 of 494
I logged in at grellaudio.com to check my order... STATUS: SHIPPED!!!
Now just have to wait for the package to arrive. Woohoo!!
Goods are currently in transit to our local warehouses and should arrive this week and then shipped out to each customer asap. You will get tracking info via email as soon as they are shipped to you.

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #118 of 494
I logged in at grellaudio.com to check my order... STATUS: SHIPPED!!!
Now just have to wait for the package to arrive. Woohoo!!
What is the first thing you plan on listening to? 😁

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #119 of 494
What is the first thing you plan on listening to? 😁
Wow, what a loaded question... :thinking:

Could be...

The Who - Quadrophenia

or Euge Groove - Euge Groove

or Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

or Abe Lagrimas Jr - Dimensions

or Meg & Dia - Something Real

or ...
whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. :beerchug:

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #120 of 494
Wow, what a loaded question... :thinking:

Could be...

The Who - Quadrophenia

or Euge Groove - Euge Groove

or Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

or Abe Lagrimas Jr - Dimensions

or Meg & Dia - Something Real

or ...
whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. :beerchug:

It IS a loaded question… but the first note or three in a song is so important for establishing the energy and vibe of the whole track. If you preordered and have been waiting a long time, then it’s the first time your anticipation turns to experience. I hope it’s an AMAZING experience for you!

If you can’t chose, leave it up to fate: make a playlist of top choices and hit shuffle :wink: You could even make the playlist into a sort of time capsule, adding songs that really seemed to suit the TWS/1 as you go along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back