Former Sennheiser engineer Axel Grell made a $200 pair of ANC true wireless earbuds - the TWS/1
Oct 24, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #61 of 494
I was looking up information on using SoundID to create a personalized sound profile for TWS/1. From what I've read the sound profile is not saved directly to the TWS/1. The SoundID sound profile is created on either an Android / iOS device and can be transferred to Mac and Windows PC as well. This would mean the TWS/1 sound would be optimized for an Android / iOS device, but if you switch to non-Android / non-iOS DAP then TWS/1 sound will not be optimized. I suppose this is not such big deal as many non-Android / non-iOS DAPs have some built in EQ, but probably not equal to the quality that SoundID will produce. I think this is an opportunity for partnership of Grell Audio and SoundID to look into.
We are partnering/working directly with SoundID and the sound profile will be embedded into the TWS/1.

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #62 of 494
We are using comply foam tips,
How would the sound characteristics change with rubber tips?

Apologies if I missed something, but I was unable to tell from the website or the computerbase review, what kind of tip sizes and materials the TWS/1 will be shipped with. The photos on computerbase look like rubber rather than foam to me.

Personally, I use L rubber on my Shure Se425.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #64 of 494
We are using comply foam tips, so pretty sure 3rd party ear tips will work, but I will double check this with Axel.
I was going to ask the same question because I love the comply foam tips on the MTW 1 I have and was hoping to be able to use the properly sized version for these new ones. Awesome if they're the stock tips! Just saved me another $20-30.

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #67 of 494
How would the sound characteristics change with rubber tips?

Apologies if I missed something, but I was unable to tell from the website or the computerbase review, what kind of tip sizes and materials the TWS/1 will be shipped with. The photos on computerbase look like rubber rather than foam to me.

Personally, I use L rubber on my Shure Se425.
Will check this with Axel and let you know asap.

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #68 of 494
One more question please: will it be possible to use one bud in the ear and one in the case, and then just change them on the fly (which would be a nice feature for endless phone conferences - if one is discharged, you just change and recharge the one you've been using)?

I recall it doesn't work that way with the momentum TW where you can only use the right one while the left is in the case but not vice-versa.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #69 of 494
One more question please: will it be possible to use one bud in the ear and one in the case, and then just change them on the fly (which would be a nice feature for endless phone conferences - if one is discharged, you just change and recharge the one you've been using)?

I recall it doesn't work that way with the momentum TW where you can only use the right one while the left is in the case but not vice-versa.
Keep firing away! Mono is available for both left and right buds.

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #70 of 494
Keep firing away! Mono is available for both left and right buds.
Hi Gísli.
I had a few things I was curious about.

What do the different order statuses mean on your website? For example, my order currently shows an order status 'exported'. I'm guessing this means the physical buds, or maybe info being exported to another system?

Are you able to share a date (or window) when you think shipping might start?

Also, are there any plans to offer the stabilising wingtips as something that could be purchased separately at a later date?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #71 of 494
Hi Gísli.
I had a few things I was curious about.

What do the different order statuses mean on your website? For example, my order currently shows an order status 'exported'. I'm guessing this means the physical buds, or maybe info being exported to another system?

Are you able to share a date (or window) when you think shipping might start?

Also, are there any plans to offer the stabilising wingtips as something that could be purchased separately at a later date?

Thanks in advance.
Hey the order statuses are not 100% properly formatted we are working on fixing that, some say shipped when they haven't so we are working on fixing that. But "exported" means the orders have been received and exported to our ERP system.

Manufacturing has started and we are looking to get initial volume shipped out to our local warehouses around the middle of November and then hopefully out to customers a couple of days later. Depends a bit on global freight which is a bit difficult at the moment. But you will get email as soon as the product has been shipped out to you.

Initially we don't plan to offer the wingtips for purchase on our site to allow for that to be exclusive to our partner Drop, but we might open that up in the future.

Oct 31, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #72 of 494
I can't get it delivered to Australia?

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #75 of 494
Found one preview, Youtube channel "oluv's gadgets". After watching the preview, I think you'll come to the conclusion that he will need to use SoundID to fine tune the sound signature to his preference.

I thought this comparison was a touch unfair. If I had a set of buds tuned to my personal preference, I'm probably going to think they sound better (to my ear) than most other tws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back