forgotten glory; Sony NW-S705.
Jun 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #31 of 42
woot!! NIICE pics!!!

the invisible screen is just wonderfull indeed!
biggrin.gif

rgds

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #32 of 42
I bought a load of "broken" MP3 on E bay. I think $25 for 15 of them and two sonys were included , yes they are great only problem is one has no sound and the other no forward but yes the sound is great, I can live without forward for the sound!!

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by akasan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yall made me go pull my s706 from the drawer, haven't listened in years, it puts the s738 to shame! too bad mine has a headphone socket issue, if i dont use my thumb to apply pressure to the plug, it only plays out one ear. anyone can fix?

Has it really much better SQ than S73x or S82x?

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #34 of 42
imho it does. The sony NW-S70x series are in a league of their own somehow.

rgds

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #35 of 42
All this talk about the 700s made me get mine out and check it out. After getting JSymphonic configured so I didn't have to use Sonicstage, I loaded in some albums. This thing really, really sounds great. This has to be one of the best sounding DAPs made.

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #36 of 42
I can't remember how to switch it off either......... is there an off button??

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #37 of 42
it shuts down on itself. Just put it on hold so it won't turn on.

rgds

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #38 of 42
You made me very curious about this player 8) But there isn't even one on ebay.

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3SET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You made me very curious about this player 8) But there isn't even one on ebay.

They're very very rare now. Can't remember when they were discontinued, but they didn't seem to have a very long shelf like.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #40 of 42
Hi! If anyone for any reason wants to sell 705 or better 706 walkman player, I will definitely buy it. Trying to find it for a month, but no success. Well, I have found pink one, but I can't call it success.

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #41 of 42
Nothing like bringing an 11 year old thread back to life... but this player deserves to live forever!

What was the software you used for macs? I picked one of these up recently after having gotten rid of mine from when I was a kid and was super excited... until I realised I couldn't get any music onto it as I have a mac ;( any help wpuld be massively appreciated!

hehe no biggie
wink.gif

Yes the NW-S70x series were some awsome pieces of equipment
wink.gif

Soozieq is using the same IEM's as me, at least in the Photograph. I wonder how she likes the combo? Does she like the Triple.fi/NW-S70x combo as much as I do??

@ ramintop: I sold mine because I went Mac, so no-go for good'old sonicstage. Now I use it with my mac thanks to some little program that syncs music to my NW-S705 and it works like a charm.

@soozieq: I see n your sig that you sold the TF10's. Now you own the westone 3's, right? Could you maybe do me a little favor and try the westones with the NW-S705?? I'd like to know how that combo sounds. My TF10's really seem to come alive with the NW-S705. It has huge amounts of juice to drive my TF10's just like they should be driven imho.

(this starts to look like an Atraclife topic more and more.... :p )

Rgds and thanks for the pics!!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #42 of 42
That's a good one, and I actually forgot the answer to that. I will need to do some digging on that one, but I'm a bit swamped right now. Will report back a.s.a.p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back