For those who like comics...
Aug 16, 2002 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stuartr

Loyal member of Team Useful Post.
My best friend just launched a new comic with image, and I wanted to get the word out about it. It is called Rex Mundi. He is the writer of the comic. Despite some of image's more recent work, this comic is very very good. It is intelligent, interesting, and well-drawn. Their website is great and they have a very good independent webcomic called Brother Matthew that you can check out to see what the comic is like.
Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out for my friend (he does not know about this), but it truly is an awesome read if you like comics.
Thanks,
Stu

ahem. The link: http://www.rexmundi.net

Aug 17, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 5
stuartr,
looks pretty cool. i hope he has success with it. this brings back memories for me: years ago i wrote a horror comic in the vein of "tales from the crypt" called "from beyonde" with frank forte and lucien. i got a kick out of seeing my twisted tales get illustrated by some very talented people.

Aug 17, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 5
They have had some trouble with the inks...the old stuff was not great. Since then they have a new inker -- Jeromy Cox. Evidently he is a veteran and highly respected colorist. I think the new stuff looks good, but it is obviously a matter of preference.
In any case, word came from my friend today that they have been moved from a provisional title to a full-fledged image title, so they are guaranteed several more issues, which is good.

Aug 17, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Is the new inker what on the website? The reason I don't like him, is because he changes the artwork too much aka he takes out too much detail and becuase he makes it look cartoonly when the pencils are drawn more hyper-realistic.

anyway, it's cool that your friends are making it, it's not easy to do that nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back