For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Sep 30, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #7,384 of 19,933

Jada's back with a new twist. 😋
Focal Elex < Luxman R-113 < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Hold up! So we're all just supposed to upvote and move on from this one? I'm beginning to worry for his mental health and I'm the guy with 5150 in my name...😜

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #7,385 of 19,933
My favorite classical music album cover

4298DD3D-0588-442E-8A8E-785A100EE33B.jpeg

Might as well keep the Grado thing going:

Flatcapped Naim CD player>Plinius Hautonga line stage>Burson Soloist SL mk.2>Grado RS1e with Vever G-style pads.

1319EDC2-FBD3-421B-891A-A5C3ABB868E5.jpeg

This 1995 trio outing (Grammavision cd) never fails to keep me interested from start to finish - they could make this album next year and it would not be outdated. Fresh, fun, experimental jazz at its finest, led by my personal favorite guitarist of the past 20+ years. Bill Frisell has a very unique approach to harmony and guitar playing in general - while he is undeniably a virtuoso’s virtuoso, he shies away from pyrotechnics in favor of seemingly impossible harmonies, complicated rhythms, and delicious, sophisticated aural landscapes. An artist worth exploring. This is only a taste of the myriad wonders on offer in his vast catalog. And boy does it sound good on the Grados - they definitely have a thing for electric guitars.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #7,387 of 19,933
4298DD3D-0588-442E-8A8E-785A100EE33B.jpeg

Might as well keep the Grado thing going:

Flatcapped Naim CD player>Plinius Hautonga line stage>Burson Soloist SL mk.2>Grado RS1e with Vever G-style pads.

1319EDC2-FBD3-421B-891A-A5C3ABB868E5.jpeg

This 1995 trio outing (Grammavision cd) never fails to keep me interested from start to finish - they could make this album next year and it would not be outdated. Fresh, fun, experimental jazz at its finest, led by my personal favorite guitarist of the past 20+ years. Bill Frisell has a very unique approach to harmony and guitar playing in general - while he is undeniably a virtuoso’s virtuoso, he shies away from pyrotechnics in favor of seemingly impossible harmonies, complicated rhythms, and delicious, sophisticated aural landscapes. An artist worth exploring. This is only a taste of the myriad wonders on offer in his vast catalog. And boy does it sound good on the Grados - they definitely have a thing for electric guitars.

Enjoy!
Frisell is a genius. Up there with Julian Lage, Ben Monder, Mary Halvorson, Allen Holdsworth, Mike Stern, and Robert Fripp too. My son is really waking me up to the new crew, tit for tat with me feeding him the old guard. Did I mention Pat Metheny?

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #7,388 of 19,933
Just taking a little lunch break today with my new to me Penon Audio BS1 Official earbuds plugged into my A&K Kann Alpha. As you guys may have noticed from previous posts @rids57 and I are gearing up for the new Arena album that's dropping soon by listening to their past catalog in advance. In that vein, today I have Arena's 2011 effort entitled The Seventh Degree of Separation queued up on my DAP and ready to go. To those about to rock, I salute you!

51qeEu9Np-L.jpg

P.S. I was thinking about making a short impressions post for the AKG K340s that I just added to my collection and have been getting to know for the last couple days. Just something basic like I did for the DCA Expanse when people asked me to. I know this thread isn't really for that so I figured I would ask to see if anyone's interested in me posting something like that later. If not I won't "derail" the thread with it. Just let me know.

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #7,390 of 19,933
image.png

Apple Music [24/96] > SMSL SU-9N > SMSL SH-9 > Focal Clear

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #7,391 of 19,933
Just taking a little lunch break today with my new to me Penon Audio BS1 Official earbuds plugged into my A&K Kann Alpha. As you guys may have noticed from previous posts @rids57 and I are gearing up for the new Arena album that's dropping soon by listening to their past catalog in advance. In that vein, today I have Arena's 2011 effort entitled The Seventh Degree of Separation queued up on my DAP and ready to go. To those about to rock, I salute you!

P.S. I was thinking about making a short impressions post for the AKG K340s that I just added to my collection and have been getting to know for the last couple days. Just something basic like I did for the DCA Expanse when people asked me to. I know this thread isn't really for that so I figured I would ask to see if anyone's interested in me posting something like that later. If not I won't "derail" the thread with it. Just let me know.
Please do! Inquiring minds want to know. 😁 like mainly me.
I'll make it official. What are your impressions of the K340?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #7,392 of 19,933
Currently using my HE560 v4 through a Topping E and L50 stack! I feel like this headphone is a bit underrated imo.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #7,394 of 19,933
SharedScreenshot.jpg

Listening to Joe Walsh and enjoying my Pioneer Monitor 10 from the same Era this album was recorded. They have a very flat smooth FR and a nice clean low end with a simple pad swap. Very impressive HP, especially for being over 45 years old. Like a lot of us, they seem to just get better with age. 😉

20220930_193325.jpg
20220927_165952.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-195833_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #7,395 of 19,933
DCA Stealth < SMSL HO200 < SMSL M500.3

upload_2022-9-30_19-42-20.png

https://open.qobuz.com/album/cw1kumdp5y6db

Thanks god it's friday. Time to listen to legendary rocks. While I never caught Led Zep's live (all the lives occurred before I was born), I really like this album. These tracks allow me a great opportunity to hear what I missed. And today's listening got even better with Stealth.

The Stealth's low-frequency dynamics were highly engaging. I could immediately appreciate lots of high-quality heft. For example, in the 14th track ('Moby Dick'), Stealth communicated more of the visceral excitement from John's drum solo. The extra midbass relative to upper bass benefited this magic show. Yet no hint of loss in details, clarity, and texture. This track, surely along with other songs in the album, demonstrated how well Stealth was tuned in low frequency weight, bass definition, and their balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back