For the Galaxy S cellphone owner
Jan 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Arkanius

New Head-Fier

Just a heads up
Recently the developer "supercurio" has developed new kernels that improve the sound quality of the device GREATLY by raising the SNR, giving control to the Analog amplifier and controling the recording presets.

Check it, you will be surprised by the quality of the device now, sure it's not a "high end" audiophile, but for an phone, it's probably the best you can get now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806195

Give it a try

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Just doing a new heads up, the Kernel is now on it's third revision and the jitter problems have been removed. This is truly a quality audio equipment for the cellphone enthusiasts.
I'm so happy with mine 

Here take a look at this frequency graphs:

I've also tested the amp with my Senheisers PC350 and the phone can route them perfectly. Superb
I'm loving these mods

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 5
I just modded mine to Voodo 5.3 and installed the audio app. I normally listen to music on the go, so I don't know if it is due to listening in a quiet room, but damn, it sounds real good!
Using JH16.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I just modded mine to Voodo 5.3 and installed the audio app. I normally listen to music on the go, so I don't know if it is due to listening in a quiet room, but damn, it sounds real good!
Using JH16.

Well you can see the difference on the go (Almost)
Try playing a few samples with the improvements on and off and check the difference.
He also did some optimizations kernel wise which can't be activated or deactivated, but damn. 
I've been using it as my backup PMP whenever I'm at college but now it's my main PMP everywhere, it sounds great. And it's not placebo.

Also did you max the digital volume and adjust the final "volume" with the analog slider? It gives you the best sound to noise ratio this way.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Wow that was a quick reply! Yes, I max (or nearly max) the digital volume.I have really untrained ears, things just either sound "good" or "bad" to me.. and damn it sounds good. Sure beats carrying 500grams of ipod+portable amp. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back