For Sale: NAD PP2 Phono Preamp MM/MC
Dec 15, 2007 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Asking $100, shipped, insured and tracked.

I bought the NAD PP2 phono preamp new almost exactly one year ago to go with a Planar 3. I used it regularly until I picked up my preamp, which has a tubed phono section in it. I'd say the PP2 got about 500-600 hours of use before it was taken out of the system.

The PP2 is in perfect working condition and I don't see any wear or scratches from use on it. Even better, I still have the original box. When I ship the PP2, it will come in its box and I'll wrap it up like it was when new. It also comes with the power supply and a piece of literature or two.

If you're not familiar with this phono stage, it has a "C" rating from Stereophile and you will find countless reviews across the Internet of it. This is one of the best-loved budget phono preamps available.

I am selling it because I prefer the tubed phono stage in my preamp, and also to free up some funds for a Zana Deux.

Terms, conditions, etc.:

1. I will be out of the country between December 26, 2007 and January 6, 2008. I will not be able to respond to PMs or e-mail until I get back and cannot ship anything between those dates.

2. Since Head-Fi is not hosting photos, I would be more than happy to e-mail you photos of this item. Just drop me a line with your e-mail address and I'll mail them to you. If you want a closeup of something in particular, or a certain angle, or whatever, just ask. I'll take any photo you want.

3. The price is inclusive of shipping, insurance and tracking. I like round numbers. And United States only, please. On eBay, I've been ripped off on a number of international transactions. I like to keep things in the US, and this is why I pay for insurance and tracking.

4. I would like payment by PayPal and I will absorb the fee. If you can't do PayPal, I will accept only a USPS money order. I will not accept any amount over the agreed-upon price or any of that funny business. Shipping to PayPal verified addresses ONLY if using PayPal. Please do not ask me to arrange payment or shipping through a third party; I will not do that.

5. I am not interested in trades at this time.

6. I have made only a handful of transactions here, but have about a 325 rating at eBay. You can look me up as "uncleerik" and feel free to send me a message through eBay if you want to verify that it's me.

7. This item is in good, working condition. I will pack this item to the best of my ability. Should there be damage in shipping, we will submit an insurance claim. If this happens, I will cooperate fully and do everything I can to make sure the claim is successful.

8. Shipping will be through the United States Postal Service. I will ship ground, though I will send it faster if you pay the actual difference.

9. The first person who sends me a PM with an acceptable offer will get this item. If that person does not complete the sale, I will consider the others in the order they were received.

10. The item will be clean when shipped. Non-smoking household, no indoor pets, and the children (niece and nephews) are not allowed to touch the audio gear when they visit. Before packing, I will clean dust and fingerprints off the item so it looks great when you open it.

I will answer any questions and will do what it takes to make a successful sale.

Dec 18, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 2

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Bump.

One clarification: this one was a UK unit imported by Brit Audio. They took out the 220V wallwart and added a generic, non-NAD 120V wallwart. It works fine and sounds great, but wanted to make sure everyone knows it doesn't come with a NAD wallwart.

I'll leave this up through the end of the year before putting it on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread