United States
Or Best Offer
Yes
post-14496862
Post #1 of 18

Skycyclepilot

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have for sale a pair of HiFiMan HE400i headphones, with the fancy original box, and the two meter cable that came with them. The cable terminates in a 6.35 mm TRS. Asking $160.

They are in excellent condition. I won't go into the sound signature on these, as anyone interested already knows, and lots of reviews are available on the internet.

I will consider trades to something of similar value, and in excellent to like new condition - over ear, audiophile, open or closed...

I'll cover the cost to ship them anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Last edited:
post-14515357
Post #6 of 18

2002tiiguy

Head-Fier
Reaction score
i can offer you $140

Last edited:
post-14515368
Post #8 of 18

2002tiiguy

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yeah. For whatever reason, prices on them have plummeted. New ones are selling for $220; sometimes even less.
yeah, thats what im seeing, i can offer you $140

post-14515377
Post #10 of 18

2002tiiguy

Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-14515388
Post #12 of 18

2002tiiguy

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm beginning to think they might go up in value later, and that I should keep them for a while.
kinda what im thinking, they are planar

post-14516333
Post #13 of 18

Sherluke

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm interested if you'd be willing to trade for HD 598s plus cash, I think from what I've read they're a bit different and would be my first higher end headphones.

post-14516485
Post #14 of 18

Skycyclepilot

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
The HE400i is indeed an audiophile headphone. Read some reviews on them, and what you'll find is that imaging, soundstage, detail, mids, treble, and transient response are excellent. Much like the 598s, the bass does roll off, though. It extends very deep, but is lower in volume than the mids and highs. If you listen to vocal or acoustic music, they are hard to beat. If you prefer bass heavy music, you might not like them so much. They are open, and open headphones rarely have the punch and slam of closed headphones, and these are no exception. In every other way, they are superior to closed headphones, though. Yeah, I'm that honest. I want these headphones to go to someone who will be happy with them. By the way, you do need a headphone amp to get anything out of them - preferably a fairly powerful one.

I have a pair of BeyerDynamic HD 1990s. I don't really need another similar headphone. Do you have anything else to offer it trade? If so, what's the condition? Have they always been in a smoke-free environment? (Yes, mine have. If you smoke around me, you'd better be on fire... :) ).

post-14516527
Post #15 of 18

Sherluke

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
The HE400i is indeed an audiophile headphone. Read some reviews on them, and what you'll find is that imaging, soundstage, detail, mids, treble, and transient response are excellent. Much like the 598s, the bass does roll off, though. It extends very deep, but is lower in volume than the mids and highs. If you listen to vocal or acoustic music, they are hard to beat. If you prefer bass heavy music, you might not like them so much. They are open, and open headphones rarely have the punch and slam of closed headphones, and these are no exception. In every other way, they are superior to closed headphones, though. Yeah, I'm that honest. I want these headphones to go to someone who will be happy with them. By the way, you do need a headphone amp to get anything out of them - preferably a fairly powerful one.

I have a pair of BeyerDynamic HD 1990s. I don't really need another similar headphone. Do you have anything else to offer it trade? If so, what's the condition? Have they always been in a smoke-free environment? (Yes, mine have. If you smoke around me, you'd better be on fire... :) ).
I really appreciate the response! I'm torn between breaking into something new and hopefully listening to more music, or sticking with and refining what I know I like (Classic Rock, EDM, bass). I was hesitant in even posting my reply after making an account because of what I read, unsure if I would like the sound of the HE400s. But I posted anyway because I think I'd be willing to do it. I'm also aware I need an amp but am more than willing to finally get one, since it would be useful through other higher end headphones as well.

I do prefer bass, but have always liked open backed headphones far more as a consideration, hence my first real pair of cans being the 598s and not something like Beyerdynamic's DT770s. I think the Senn's give enough plenty of bass so I considered something that would be less bassy on the high end and something new.

I wish I had other headphones but don't really have the budget for them or for something like the DT 1990. They would be great to own but are just outside my price point unfortunately. The 598s I have have been used for 3 years, but are still in like new condition with the exception being a little bit of dust/hair buildup around the earmuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)