For owners of the EX1000.
Jun 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kevms89

100+ Head-Fier
I think this is my next iem and I have a few questions.

Is there sound leakage?

Is isolation THAT bad?

Is the SQ worth the close to $500 asking price?

Is comfort good?

Where would you rank it of all the iems you have owned?

I only ask because 400-500 is a lot of money but it seems that the sound signiture is what I am looking for and coupled with that awesome build quality, I am willing to pay.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 7
Is there sound leakage?

Not really.

Is isolation THAT bad?

Not terrible, though not impressive.

Is the SQ worth the close to $500 asking price?

No.

Is comfort good?

Yes, providing the fit is right.

Where would you rank it of all the iems you have owned?

Not extremely high.

That's my personal opinion on EX1000, if anything my answers will strike some controversy and get you more information. 
wink.gif
 Now you just need to wait for people to come in and disagree with my answers and explain why. That should get the ball rolling.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 7
I agree with H20. The DN-1000 is around the same level IMO. The DN-2000 is clearly better and both are cheaper. 

It is the best Sony IEM I've heard though, the XBA-4 and H3 wan't great. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Yea it really seems that they ARE good headphones but perhaps have a bit of a mythical feel to them since they are hard to find and expensive so it makes people really want them and the prices spike.

I am wondering what else I can go for, 

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 7
  I agree with H20. The DN-1000 is around the same level IMO. The DN-2000 is clearly better and both are cheaper. 

It is the best Sony IEM I've heard though, the XBA-4 and H3 wan't great. 

Yea I had the xba40 and H1 and have the xba 30.

I stayed with the 30 because of the comfort and overall balanced signature, the 40 had decent soundstage but the bass was kinda too much, the H1 was even worse.

Hey since you have heard the xba4, can you share a quick compare between the 1000 and the 4, that would really help me understand better.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 7
I was in your position. "Was" because I did pull the trigger. ...and while I am playing the waiting game I want to say a few things:

I was considering IE80 and H3 as an option. I've been following the Sony for many years and they have this habit of making the ultimate product to shake the market and show that they are still masters of their art (MDR-R10 comes to my mind). I really did like the idea behind EX1000. 

Now I've read the opinions about the sound, but you know while we're all in different places on scale between deaf and Beethoven. The majority of reviews I read ended up with something like "Best choice if you listen to acoustic music". Well, I do mainly listen to jazz and classical music. I decided to check this wonderful list and well, those are one the cheapest headphones with 9.3 in sound department (why the hell all CIEMs are at the top? THE PRICE?), considering the discount I got... I decided, why not?

Hope to get them soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back