[For iOS users] How to fix the USB Audio dropout issue from 10.3.2
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SeraphicWings

Head-Fier
So Apple switch to APFS file system in iOS 10.3 from HFS+, which may have resulted in a bug on USB Audio data transfer for Mfi certified USB DAC and CCK-DAC

However, I've found a solution that could possibly permanently fix this issue:

1. Install iOS 11 Beta (Preferably beta 1 since there is an issue with downgrading beta 2 to 10.3.2)
2. Download an app called 3uTools for your PC (This is a multi-purpose app including flashing iOS firmwares)
3. Use 3uTools to downgrade from 11 to 10.3.2 (REMEMBER TO TICK RETAIN USER'S DATA WHILE FLASHING - this is extremely important)

Explanation: In 11 Apple apparently has patched this issue (as reported by some users including me in head-fi), this method allows you to downgrade from the unstable iOS 11 to the more stable 10.3.2 while KEEPING THAT PATCH and transfer it to 10.3.2, which will solve the USB Audio issue

Let me know if you guys have tried it and whether it fixed the problem or not!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Would be awesome if that worked. Currently staying in 10.2.1 until the audio out issues is fixed. Hopefully more people test it out and report back with positive results. Sucks having to stay off wifi to avoid constantly deleting the 10.3.2 update.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 4
My humble suggestion: wait for 10.3.3 to be released before trying that. They are already at the fifth beta and it should be out really soon.

BTW on my iPhone I wouldn’t dare to install the iOS11 beta, but I did on my iPad and so far I haven’t found mayor issues.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 4
iOS 10.3.3 betas 3, 4 and now 5 don't seem to have this problem anymore. I have not experienced it since beta 2. Can't second guess Apple but the final could be any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back