For Head-fi & Audiophile Women
Feb 28, 2007 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

vkvedam

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I was just wondering about the Feminine charm among audiophiles.
This thread is for all the women and their respectable test rig.
Don't get me wrong. This is just for a rough estimate.
I think Women are as strong and competitive as Men...
Lets see.....

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 90
hmmm... perhaps the best post i've read in the past few days!
biggrin.gif

really though, are you joking or was something lost in translation?

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 90
I don't know if it qualifies; but my wife managed to steal my KSC75s to use with her iPod.

She likes the MS-1s and the HD600s(surprise; unamped) with the iPod, but the KSC75s are easier to wear.

She also was totally involved with setting up our speaker system, although her eye was a bit more to style while mine was more toward performance.

Competitive? Yeah; she won some important conflicts.
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
r u jist cruisin' fer wimmin?
tongue.gif

Not exactly sir....
Wouldn't it be great to have some feminine charm in this field?

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 90
i guess this is a question worth asking... i don't know of any females even remotely caring about sound quality. i bought my housemate a pair of ksc75's and she didnt even give them a try at all... sticking with her 2 pairs of earbuds that she bought for $5 at a bookstore... =0

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #9 of 90
Maybe you should look further than your nose is long......
Proline 750 and a Govibe 5 and yeahhh an iPod but I love 'm, but most love goes to photography.
So what response are you actually looking for....

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 90
Well, my mom and sister love their Marshmallows, and my sister has some A700s on the way. My girlfriend also loves her E888s. . . . All of this is, of course, my doing, however.
rolleyes.gif
I don't know of any girl who even remotely cares about sound quality of her own volition. Most girls who have heard my friend's $7000+ (retail) speaker system can't tell the difference between it and their laptop speakers (besides volume). I find this very strange because girls supposedly are better at picking out differences in frequency and volume whereas guys are better at picking out spatial differences (i.e., soundstage). Most guys can actually appreciate the speaker setup, but still prefer their "boomin' bass" 5.1 systems. At least by having those systems it shows an interest in sound quality, albeit a woefully misguided one (don't get me wrong -- I know there are some respectable 5.1 systems out there, but none of these $150 pieces of garbage).

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #12 of 90
my wife can guess the bitrate of mp3s with unnerving accuracy,she also bought a pair of ksc75s herself..
I let her hear the new cribs track tonight and her first words were
"poor recording"

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha I guess it is just me then. but then again, my rig isnt that respectable. but i do love music, and music can be heard through headphones, so erego, i love headphones.

It's just me then??

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 90
No need to take anything personally... An average woman does not care about sound quality and would not think about it twice--just like an average guy does not care whether his shoes are the last fashionable model (although I do know some weird guys
blink.gif
). If it wasn't so, 50% of head-fiers would be girls, no? (And for many of us, life would be easier.)

All of us are freaky, but head-fi girls are slightly more freaky than head-fi boys
tongue.gif
And in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back