For anyone who's ever stayed at a Hotel/Motel
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 19
Haha I remember when I went to a double tree hotel, we flipped the matress to check for any missing stuff we might lose, and I saw some cough. dirty magazines.

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 19
And it gets worse than that. Bed bugs are back in full swing this yr, check under mattress near edges, many live in the box springs. I've also found hairs - guess from where on the body, in what where suppose to be clean sheets. Additionally, the air units in most hotels push stale moldy air, I always travel w/ an air purifiyer, not cheap but makes a difference.

Unless you are staying at a 4 star hotel, there is going to some some level of gross out factor.

Happy travels.
redface.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 19
This is making me want that motorhome more and more...

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #11 of 19
I've seen some gross stuff in Ritz Carlton's and Four Season's too.

I mean, it's only expected when they hire staff from such a different economic class - how could they not be jealous and have contempt for the patrons of the hotel?

I'm not saying it's right (it's not), but it's the classic catch 22. Nobody worth paying a lot is going to to that crappy job, but it hurts the initial profit margins if you don't hire the cheapest labor.

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #13 of 19
After you finish brushing your teeth and rinsing them from the glass, you might want to shine a UV light on the bedspread, pillow cases and sheets. Nine out of ten times you will see (especially, on the bedspread) all sorts of bodily fluids and other bodily organic material (they show up as the lighter/fluorescent or whiter areas).
eek.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by klenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awww Boom, you beat me to it. Thats the number one thing to check for when you get to a hotel... especially motel. Might get a free night too
biggrin.gif

Hey provide a few of your own and sleep free everywhere. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back