For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....
Jun 4, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,981 of 9,562
Just purchased that DeoxIT stuff. 2 tubes of cleaner and one of enhancer gold.

I will clean all pins of tubes installed in my amp when it arrives. I swear cleaning the pins changed the sound on the Mullard power tubes as well.

Interesting. Need some of that

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #1,982 of 9,562
I don't think they are in current production.

I think they are. There is a Chinese manufactured version that is often sold on eSlay. They say it is direct from their factory. Could be BS tho and they are just repackaging the Russian version.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,983 of 9,562
  I think they are. There is a Chinese manufactured version that is often sold on eSlay. They say it is direct from their factory. Could be BS tho and they are just repackaging the Russian version.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think the Russian tube is in current production. (The Chinese could be old stock as well.)

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #1,984 of 9,562
Let me rephrase that. I don't think the Russian tube is in current production. (The Chinese could be old stock as well.)

There is a Chinese tube being sold as a newly manufactured 6N13. It looks exactly the same as the Russian except a slight indent in the top plate cover. To me there could be two possibilities. The first is that these are being manufactured maybe with the old tooling from a Russian tube plant. Second is it is marketing BS and just old stock.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,985 of 9,562
There is a Chinese tube being sold as a newly manufactured 6N13. It looks exactly the same as the Russian except a slight indent in the top plate cover. To me there could be two possibilities. The first is that these are being manufactured maybe with the old tooling from a Russian tube plant. Second is it is marketing BS and just old stock.

Do you mean the Shuguang 6N13PT? If so they're totally different from the Russians. I have a pair and they sound awful to my ears. I quite like the russians though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Shuguang-Chinese-6N13P-T-6N13P-6H13C-6AS7G-Vacuum-Tube-2PCS-/171504380343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ee7529b7

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #1,986 of 9,562
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,987 of 9,562
Is there any issue sourcing 6AS7Gs, new or current production? I thought they were readily available.  Fortunately  for me I need only two  power tubes and am liking my Mullard 6080s at the moment.  I do have to find some of the other gems favored around here.  One is relatively abundant the Sylvania 6080, finding GEC or  MOV anything is hard, but I will keep an eye open for them.

Where are the commerce areas in this forum I would like to ask for some tubes and offer others of mine as trade/sale etc.  I am new around here.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #1,988 of 9,562
Jun 5, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,989 of 9,562
Is there any issue sourcing 6AS7Gs, new or current production? I thought they were readily available.  Fortunately  for me I need only two  power tubes and am liking my Mullard 6080s at the moment.  I do have to find some of the other gems favored around here.  One is relatively abundant the Sylvania 6080, finding GEC or  MOV anything is hard, but I will keep an eye open for them.

Where are the commerce areas in this forum I would like to ask for some tubes and offer others of mine as trade/sale etc.  I am new around here.

The Mullards are sounding good. I think they are staying in my WA22. Noise is almost gone. Just a very slight bit on one for the first hour. After that it is vertically gone.

I can't help on the commerce. Where I am located makes it too hard.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #1,990 of 9,562
I picked these up the other day and was pleasantly surprised on how nice they sound, a pair of Sylvania 6AS7G made in the USSR and at only 12. each not to bad of a deal either. There not as warm  as the mullard 6080's I'm currently listening to but still very nice sounding and well worth the price. With headphones I can tell a difference between the two sets but on speakers seems like a toss-up hard to tell any differences, I use my wa22 to power my krk 10 3's & s10 works really well & sounds just great.. 

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,991 of 9,562
  I picked these up the other day and was pleasantly surprised on how nice they sound, a pair of Sylvania 6AS7G made in the USSR and at only 12. each not to bad of a deal either. There not as warm  as the mullard 6080's I'm currently listening to but still very nice sounding and well worth the price. With headphones I can tell a difference between the two sets but on speakers seems like a toss-up hard to tell any differences, I use my wa22 to power my krk 10 3's & s10 works really well & sounds just great.. 

Do you have a link of where you got these, thanks.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,994 of 9,562
  I don't think if those are SYLVANIA looks to me just STAMPED with sylvania(regular 6N13 see the bottom saucer).

Yeah. I looked at those on eSlay. They are Russian. Not a bad sounding tube. Everything is polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back